Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I freeze mini cheesecakes?

Posted by moniqueb (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 07 at 16:57

I know it's a funny question..But I am very busy and have the shower coming up and would like to prepare a few things..Are mini cheesecakes and cheesecake lollipops good to go in the freezer?Shower is Aug 19th....(2007) :)

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I freeze mini cheesecakes?

I've been working on a recipe for a Light,Fluffy cheesecake and got it right. I put a piece in the freezer
yesterday and tested it today. It didn't seem to affect it any. I did the same with store bought.
Maybe someone has frozen the Mini Cheesecakes and could add to this.
LOU

o

I've never had any problems freezing the Mini Cheesecakes and I always freeze about 2 dozen whenever I make them. But I've never kept them frozen for more then maybe 6 mos at a time.

Michelle

o

Got some in the freezer right now for the luncheon tomorrow.
Linda C

o

Yay!

Thanks~

o

Ok, slug here...would someone post this recipe or link? I am ready (!!!) for a cheesecake and since himself is off dessert I might as well make minis. Maureen

o

I've made these for years and it is my most requested item in my Christmas Cookie Baskets for the Police and Fire Depts.

Miniature Cheesecakes

2-8 oz pkgs of room temp cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 TBL Vanilla
1 Box Vanilla Wafers (the round ones)

Mix all ingredients. Put wafer in bottom of each Mini Paper Cup. You do need to break off the edges of the wafer to fit inside the bottom of the mini-cup. Fill each mini-cup abt 3/4 full of Cream Cheese mixture. Bake at 400 degress until just turning brown on top maybe 8-10 minutes. These freeze very well, so you can make ahead of time.

NOTE: You can actually use just about any kind of cookie for the crust not just the Nilla Wafers. I've used crumbled chocolate cookies and I think they are better with the chocolate. But even crushed Graham Crackers work well.

o

I only use about 1/2 cup of sugar...maybe a little more..LOL!
And I butter muffin tins very well...VERY WELL....and grind up some almonds ( or pecans or hazle nuts) in the blender and mix some sugar with the nuts ( some...about 2 T per 1/2 cup of nuts) and put the nuts in the tins and tilt so they coat the butter...dump out if there is a lot of excess....a but extra is good.
Amd I bake at 350 for about 12 to 14 minutes....but these are regular sized muffin tins...Fill pretty well to the top with the cheese cake stuff
I served them today...one recipe made 18.
Linda C

o

Lou's Cheesecake - Light and Fluffy

Ingredients:

6 eggs- Separated
2 Packs of Philadelphia Cream Cheese ( 16 0zs. )
1 cup of Vanilla Ice Cream
1 cups of Sugar
1 stick of Butter = lb. ( softened )
1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
6 tablespoons of Orange Juice and grate fine, the (rind)skin of 1 orange
1 teaspoon of Vanilla flavor
2 heaping Tablespoons of Flour
cup of Cornstarch

Add into a large bowl, 6 egg yolks, cream cheese, cup of sugar, Vanilla Ice Cream, Lemon Juice,
Orange juice, Grated orange skin, Butter, Vanilla and Flour.

Beat until creamy smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes, with a hand mixer.

In another bowl, beat the egg whites ; with clean beaters, until they hold soft peaks
and then add remaining cup of Sugar, one tablespoon at a time, at Medium speed,
for 1 minute. Increase the speed for 2 to 3 minutes ,or until whites hold stiff peaks.
add this to the cheese Batter 1/3 at a time, folding easily but thoroughly.

I oiled a 9 in. x 12 in. SS pan and dusted it with flour,
or you can use your favorite pie shell mix, poured the batter into it and
leveled it slightly by shaking. I placed this SS pan into a slightly larger pan, filled
with water about inches deep. This was put into the 325 Deg. preheated oven ,
on the middle shelf and baked about 55 to 60 minutes or until the top is a light Golden light Tan.
Turn off the oven but leave the cake in until it cools down a little. It will settle and be slightly recessed upon cooling.
When cool, cover the top with plastic wrap and refrigerate, for at least 1 hour.

Cover the top with a fruit pie mix or Strawberry or Cherry preserves
Cut the large pieces of fruit smaller.

Can be refrigerated for at least 3 days.

o

I just served cheesecake squares at a party that I had frozen for about 1 month. I used my regular cheesecake recipe in a square springform pan. They tasted delicious. You could not tell they were frozen.

o

Oh...thank you. Tho I had better make sure these ditties are balanced by some good exercise. I also think frozen cheesecake is just fine as it is...a different kind of ice cream!

Linda, do you mean you use nuts instead of crumbs? I don't care for the vanilla wafers tho you can be sure I'd eat em if given to me!!

Lou, ice cream? and do these freeze?

Maureen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here