Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Freecycle Items today.... (pic heavy)

Posted by jasdip (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 24, 12 at 16:30

I got gifted 3 skillets and 2 cookie sheets from Freecycle. I thought worse case, if they were crap, I'd sell them for scrap. Well I am a happy camper.

The non-stick is a Lagostina, and the weight of the 2 stainless ones shocked me. Look at the bottom of them!
A bit of cleaning with barkeeper's friend and they'll be as good as new.

I don't have any of the rimless cookie sheets, so these will be new for me. I can picture the cookies and biscuits sliding off and onto the bottom of the oven though.
The one I think is one of those air-cushioned ones. It feels and looks weird.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Freecycle Items today.... (pic heavy)

Very nice! Freecycle is a great way for people with too much stuff as well as people with too little. I was on it for a while but the volume of emails was overwhelming.

Have fun!

Cheryl

o

Good haul!
I am an avid Freecycler as I am trying to get rid of TMS. I am freecycling stuff this week and the postings have diminished to a trickle; nothing like in the past. Not to be a snob, but often the recipients of my items don't have an appreciation for or knowledge of the quality of some things like your nice pans.

o

Good find. I have never had any luck with FS but have had with Craigslist. Both giving and receiving.
Clare

o

Craigslist doesn't go over here, like it does in the U.S.
I've had very good luck with Freecycle; both giving and receiving.

Hubby just asked me, why she was getting rid of her pans. I just wonder whether she couldn't be bothered cleaning them, or she just had no idea of the good pans that she had.

Here they are cleaned up. I had no idea the Kirkland one had copper in it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

They're beautiful!

Sally

o

I have the Kirkland set. See the link below for details. I bought the set to use with our new induction cooktop. They are solid performers - a good weight, decent thermal conduction and they clean up nicely as you've already discovered.

Cheryl

Here is a link that might be useful: Kirkland pots

o

Wow, what did you clean them with?

o

Everyone raves about Barkeepers Friend. I have never seen it in our area before, thinking it was a US thing. Lo and behold, Home Hardware had the powder on sale a while back. Rushed out to get it, and that's what I used.

o

Good deal, Jasdip! I like those kind of cookie sheets too.
They are the insulated ones, aren't they?

One of my pet peeves is people who let stuff build up on their cookware. A lot of my cookware I bought used, so I had to clean it up too.

o

Nice haul. I bet the owner had no idea how good they are. I wonder if they were cleaning out a house and just wanting to "get rid" of stuff.

I just gave away an exercise bike for free via Craigslist. No one will pay for those things. I was happy to see it go and the new owners were happy to have it.

o

Holy sparkles!

o

I don't understand how so much gunk gets on the bottom of pans. I guess it's gas burners?

The Lagostina I've got in the scrap-metal pile. Even though the interior isn't chipped, it's completely lost the non-stick, and everything I've tried, sticks like crazy. It's not worth the aggravation to keep it, when I've got good pans.

Here's an enamelled skillet I picked up a few months ago.
That could only come clean using oven cleaner.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here