SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Defective bread machine instruction booklet!

Lars
10 years ago

I finally found out why I was having such trouble following the instructions that came with my Panasonic bread machine - they are defective! The booklet says to press the "select" button when it should say "menu" button. I do not know if the machine was made wrong or the instructions were written incorrectly, but they definitely do not match. It took several experiments to confirm this, and for the last use I made pizza dough, having Kevin read the instructions while I tried to follow them. It was then that I realized that I couldn't get there from here, and so I started pressing other buttons to see what they would do. Before I was afraid to press too many buttons - until I learned how to cancel everything by pressing the "start" button and holding it down, although I have not yet tried that.

Anyway, I made pizza dough using my own recipe, which I converted to 2/3, as I was afraid that a whole recipe would not fit, and I measure the yeast anyway and never used packets or premeasured yeast. Today we are going to cook the pizzas (I made enough for two pizzas) on the Big Green Egg, as Kevin wants to see how the pizza stone it came with will work, and I'm interested to see how hot we can get it. Thursday we smoked a turkey breast and eight chicken thighs, and so we have a lot of leftover meat, which I generally use for making sandwiches, salads, or casserole dishes. Yesterday we cleared out the shelves that hold all of my spices, plus plates and measuring utensils, and I still have to put everything back that I will not discard. I have lots of ingredients for making Indian and Japanese curries, and so I will have to remember to make those more often. I think I am going to store some spices in tool boxes so that I can organize them (one for Indian, one for Japanese) and store them separately. Then we will tackle the refrigerator - or at least one or two shelves and a drawer.

My bread machine is Panasonic SD-YD250, and is white. I moved it from the portable butcher block to the counter where I previously had my Cool Daddy, and it looks hideous in that spot, since nothing near it is white. So I have decided to make a silver lame cover for it to make it blend in more with the stainless steel applicances. I only use it once a week, and so it really should have a cover on it.

Has anyone else noticed discrepancies in their instruction booklets?

Lars

Comments (19)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company