SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moosemac_gw

Sam's Club Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts

moosemac
9 years ago

Yesterday DH and I were shopping at our local Sam's Club. They had their Member's Mark boneless chicken breasts for $1.99/lb. DD had requested Taco Chicken Fingers so I thought I'd just grab the chicken breast while I was at Sam's. I usually buy them at the local butcher shop.

I cut up the chicken breast into tenders and made the recipe as usual. I didn't even stray one bit! LOL The texture of the chicken meat was soft with very little flavor. I checked the temperature of the meat with an instant read thermometer and it was 170 so they weren't under cooked. Between the weird texture and the lack of flavor, they were not very appetizing. I find this odd since I buy their rotisserie chickens about twice a month and the texture and flavor are fine (a little salty for my taste but the family loves them).

I already tossed the packaging so I cannot check the ingredients. I'm assuming the chicken must have had sodium solution added. In the future, I won't be buying chicken breast at Sam's.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the remaining 4 lbs. of chicken breast. Or should I just toss them?

Comments (3)