Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Even More Updates

Posted by moonwolf (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 15:21

Hi everyone,

Back for the moment and just wanted to give some updates. The garden is in full swing, and I just started picking my pickling cucumbers and a few cherry tomatoes (that are the size of plums!). Dad eats the cukes fresh, but I hope to get enough to make some refrigerator pickles with.

I made lemon bars (the recipe is for Citrus Bars since they include orange juice in the recipe-I used Bright and Early-an orange flavored drink-instead)for the first time last week for the theatre workday and they were a hit! This week it's Buffalo Chicken Dip, which I've made a few times before )(I add bacon and blue cheese crumbles into it), and orange lemonade, which they drank almost all of.

In other news, my USB cable for my camera apparently doesn't wanna work, so it'll be a while before I can post pictures again.

Hope you're all doing well!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Even More Updates

Brad, the farmer boy! Are you sure those plumb size cherry tomatoes were cherry tomatoes? or they were miniature beefsteak tomatoes? LOL!

A camera tip for everyone:

Get a USB adapter which you plug into the camera permanently. Each time you download from the camera to the PC, the cable plugs into the adapter. This way you will not wear out the camera's plug or risk damaging the plug.

The adapter is small, and less than $3.00 on eBay.

dcarch

o

Brad, I'm happy to hear from you. Lemon bars are one of my favorite treats too, my secretary used to make them for my birthday. Yummy, and I'll bet they were amazing.

My garden is just starting to go, I've had mizuna, baby turnips from thinning rows, zucchini, today I picked some gooseberries and pulled 16 pounds of rhubarb, the biggest harvest I've ever gotten. I'll have beans and cucumbers by next week, I think, but it'll be a few weeks yet for tomatoes.

I'll just wait for more pictures, LOL.

Annie

o

dcarch, LOL oddly enough, they're planted right next to some beefsteak tomatoes, which are taking their time, which is normal, from what the garden books say.

Annie, the lemon bars were a big hit, and I gave some away to my one neighbor for her and her family to enjoy (she's the cousin of my very best friend in this crazy world). It sounds like you're going to have a nice harvest from all of your veggies.

Our peach tree, a dwarf Elberta, has the biggest crop of peaches it's ever bore in it's 5 or so years it's been planted. Looks like some peach crisp and maybe some frozen peaches are in the future, if they ripen. They are sweet and juicy, from the ones that people have tasted off of it before.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here