SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klseiverd

it's too hot... and i've got 'cabin fever'!?!

anoriginal
11 years ago

I usually associate cabin fever with being snowed-in. Here in my part of NJ, the longest I've been snowed in was for about 36 hours... because I live on a small circle, township plows circles LAST, and we had a VERY unusual BIG storm that dropped over 3 feet of snow. Even neighbors with 4WD trucks couldn't muscle thru that much snow.

I get a bit cabin-feverish just waiting for plows to show myself I CAN get out, if I want to.

Well, I'm suffering from reverse cabin fever, I guess. Has been well over 90 for over a week. When you walk out of the AC, it hits you like a ton of bricks. The most I've been outside is to pick up paper from driveway, mail from box at curb, or from hous-to-car-to supermarket-to-car-to-house.

In the winter, when stuck inside... one of the first things I start thinking about is what I'm gonna cook & eat. Getting those same urges during this heat wave. It's too hot to even cook out on the grill!?! Definitely don't want to fire up the oven or all the burners on stove top.

Yesterday, pulled some frozen shrimp out, butterflied, breaded and fried. I prefer tartar sauce over cocktail... and got a little inspired to make something I've NEVER made before... MAYO. MAN, was that simple and the result was delicious! Just hunted up a recipe (Alton B's) and used my mini-processor to zizz up about a cup or so.... 1 yolk, dry mustard, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, a few pinches of sugar, and some salt... think that's all it took. Think recipe says use within a week!?! The raw egg thing... NOT something I'm remotely worrying about.

So it's HOT HOT HOT and you're marooned inside in the AC... LUCKILY!! What are you cooking/eating?

Comments (14)