Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mandarin Orange Cake

Posted by moonwolf (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 14:22

Hi everyone,

As I type this post, the mandarin orange cake is baking in the oven. It's such an easy recipe! Once it's done baking, it'll be time to make the brown sugar glaze, which is brown sugar, milk, and butter.

Pictures to arrive soon!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mandarin Orange Cake

Here is the cake! Who wants a slice? lol

Baking in the oven
 photo 057_zps9387e4fb.jpg

Out of the oven. This is what it looked like before the brown sugar glaze.
 photo 062_zps9fd0c974.jpg

Completed cake with the brown sugar glaze. It smells heavenly!
 photo 067_zps982549c5.jpg

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

It's looks delicious, Brad! When is the reunion? Please give us a report afterwards. Are you also taking your Gram's lemonade? It's so hot/humid I'm betting that lemonade won't last five minutes! Wish I had a slice of that glazed cake for later tonight... :)

/tricia

o

I can visualize how good that is. On the 4th we spent the evening with old friends and Betsy had made a mandarian orange cake. It was three layers with a Kool Whip icing that had pineapple and coconut in it . Icing between each layer and on top,, no icing on sides, kept in the refrigerator. It was so cool, so pretty and not terrible sweet. It was perfect for a later dessert with coffee. I had never eaten mandarian orange cake before.
I came home with the recipe it is on my soon to make list.

Brad your brown sugar glaze sounds good too. Shirl36

o

Thank you Tricia and Shirl!

Tricia, my reunion is a week from today and for that I'm making the lemonade (2 gallons worth) and two types of cobbler-one peach, one blackberry. Of course, a container of whipped topping and a can of Reddi Whip will be in tow also lol.

Shirl36, I got the recipe from online. I don't care much for pineapple or coconut, so I was glad when I found this glaze. I may try it sometime with the icing you mentioned, but with mandarin oranges instead.

I had a little taste of some fallen crumbs. It's very, very moist and it tastes delicious!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

That looks like a real treat, Brad!

I make one with the frosting like Shirl described for one of our desserts for Easter dinner every year.

o

This cake is just for my parents, myself, and my neighbors. I also made a batch of my gram's lemonade to share with them, too.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Well, it looks like I won't be giving them their pieces of cake until next weekend. Luckily, I read that this kind of cake can be frozen :-). The lemonade, however, looks like we'll have to drink, which is no problem lol.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here