SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Lets talk casseroles

claire_de_luna
12 years ago

I recently heard about a casserole I knew nothing about; King Ranch Chicken Casserole. I had no idea if it would be good, although others seemed to think so. I heard about this one day from two different people who had both made it the night before, unknown by the other. After realizing I had everything I needed to make this, I tried it but wasn't in love with it. Being from the midwest, it seems most casseroles have cans of Cream of Something in them, which can sometimes be good but most often is not. It kind of seems like bad retro food in many cases. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I depend on them sometimes, for my version of a ready-to-eat homemade dinner from the freezer. I know they tend to be comfort food-ish, which sometimes is what hits the spot. Although they are not my favorite meal, sometimes time or lack of present energy dictates what's for dinner so I'll make several for something Ready to Go.

What's your take on the lowly casserole? I think my favorite so far has broccoli, onions, cheese, rice and chicken combined or Mac and Cheese. Do you have a favorite?

Comments (58)