Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Costco and frozen fish

Posted by angelaid (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 13:44

I want to get some fish sticks (patties?) to keep on hand for fishwiches for those nights I don't feel like cooking.
Is there a brand that's better than others out there.
Any other frozen convenience-type meals that will fill him up and I can just toss in the oven when he calls and says he's on his way home? He's working until 7 or 8 p.m. lately and I don't want to cook, or eat, that late.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Costco and frozen fish

I have found there are"fish patties" that are ground up bits of who knows what.....and others that are "breaded fish portions"....that's what I keep in my freezer.

For other quick meals, you can grill chicken breasts and freeze them and just warm in the micro...you can make egg biscuits...split biscuits ( not yeast rolls!) add a slice of ham, an egg scrambled in a large custard cup in the micro, a slice of cheese, salt and pepper. Wrap in parchment or waxed paper then into a plastic bag....you can nuke them still frozen in the parchment.
Make lasagna and freeze squares in serving size portions.....reheat in the micro. Freeze portions of meat and gravy.....heat and serve on bread.

o

Costco has an awesome chili lime Talapia in the frozen section. Would make a great sandwich!

o

Our favorite is the salmon burgers made by Trident.

o

On days when he is home cook for an extra person and freeze the extra portion. Roasts and whole chickens can be sliced and frozen with freezer paper between the layers and taken out to make hot sandwiches or stir fries

Sliced Peameal bacon or pork tenderloin sliced 1 1/2 inch thick and pounded and breaded and frozen only takes a minute to cook or cook it all ahead of time and just reheat.

As a side dish try bean salad or a cole slaw that can be kept for a week in the fridge

o

I second the Trident suggestion - salmon burgers, panko breaded tilapia, and the "ultimate" fish sticks (this is really what they are called). They are all US produced products. We get them at Giant Eagle locally.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here