SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleevendog

red raspberry challenge

Or i should say 'challenged'. This was not expected. I've been picking a pint every night before sundown. Sometimes a quart. If i could get into the middle of the tangle i could pick a dozen quarts. One of our favorites after blueberries. Having them fresh every way i can think of starting with breakfast. Made a coconut/raspberry vinaigarette last night. A few pints i froze.
-My neighbor moved last fall and i can only speculate that he was cutting them down. While we were at work. He hated them. Let us know when we moved in that they needed to be cut. On our property but way up by his driveway that is a good 20 ft away from the bounty. For 7yrs i've picked maybe one pint for a treat wondering why they have not spread like crazy like they do. -Like the patch by the back deck stairs. (i've started cutting any canes that attempt to reach and touch down)

We don't use jams. Don't care much for sweet-sweet. I'm not much of a baker. I think it is time to try...
I do fine for holidays. Usually a rustic crostata.
Custard, cobbler, buckle, crumb tart, crisp, grunt, (grunt!?), clafouti, slab pie, and the summer torte i've seen here.

Just made a Clafouti. Recipes are all over the map...i made Julia's with minor adjusting. (cut the sugar way down)
I'll try the summer torte tomorrow. Hoping it will do ok in cast iron.

Comments (17)