SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westsider40

Chopped Salad--utensil

westsider40
11 years ago

My girlfriend, who doesn't cook at all, thinks there is such a thing as a salad chopper. She says that she was at a restaurant and mistakenly received an unchopped salad, after she had ordered a chopped salad. "Someone" came over and "whiz bang" did something to the pile of lettuce in the bowl with a gizmo--and she had a chopped salad.

I've thought of a mezzaluna and other shorter mezzalunas. I cannot think of a gizmo which would chop the salad, primarily the lettuce, after it's already in the serving bowl.

Can you help?

Comments (5)

• centralcacyclist
    11 years ago

This gizmo looks like it might do the trick.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silvermark White Toss and Chop Salad Chopper

• lindac
    11 years ago

Probably used 2 knives...criss-cross...cut cut..

• Chi
    11 years ago

I have this, though I don't think it's what you're talking about if they did it in her serving bowl. But I really like it. I use it almost every day for salads and it's much faster than chopping everything individually.

Here is a link that might be useful: Salad Chopper

• User
    11 years ago

I use an alligator chopper like this. Makes short work of any vegetable. It's great for salad and really useful when we get together for our Salsa canning weekend.

Here is a link that might be useful: Veggie chopper

• westsider40
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. They kind of remind me of my mother's old, old, chopped liver chopper-which I have and sharpened. thanks again.