Crazy Strawberry Cake

Posted by lucyny (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 07 at 12:23

Claire, would you kindly share your recipe for the "Crazy Strawberry Cake"

Lucy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crazy Strawberry Cake

I am not Claire, but I think this is the cake she was talking about.

Strawberry Magic Cake
1 10oz pkg. miniture marshmallows
1 box yellow cake mix prepared as directed on package
1 3oz box strawberry jello
1 16oz. box frozen sliced strawberries, slightly thawed, but do not drain
2/3 cup cold water

Spread marshmallows evenly over the bottom of a greased 10x13 baking pan. Spread prepared cake batter evenly over marshmallows. Sprinkle dry jello powder evenly over the cake batter. Spool slightly thawed strawberries here and there over jello powder and then drizzle evenly with 2/3 cup water, but do not stir. Slip cake carefully onto
center rack of a 350o oven, and bake 55-60 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let cool in pan at least 30 minutes before cutting.
Serve with Cool Whip or whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Freezes well.

Shelley

o
RE: Crazy Strawberry Cake version 2

Hi Lucyny, me again,

Didn't have this one in front of me when I gave you the other recipe. Anyways this is a similar version that I made a few weeks ago and it was wonderful. Very moist. The differance is the cake is made from scratch and the jello is actually mixed in with the strawberries.

1 c miniature marshmallows
1 pkg (16oz) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed, (don't drain)
1 3 oz package strawberry jello
1/2 c shortening or butter
1 1/2 c sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 c flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c milk
fresh strawberries and whipped cream for garnish

Sprinkle marshmallows evenly into a greased 13x9x2 in baking dish, set aside. In a bowl, combine strawberries and jello, set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream shortening or butter and add sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. combine flour, baking powder, and salt and add to creamed mixture, alternately with milk. Pour batter over the marshmallows. Spoon strawbery mixture evenly over batter. Bake at 350F for 45-50 min or til a toothpick inserted in center tests clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares and garnish with strawberries and whipped cream. Serves 12-16.

Note: I served the cake with a mascarpone/ whipped cream sauce, and stored the uneaten cake in the fridge well covered.

Shelley

o

The recipe I used is exactly as Shelley's except that I "spoon" the strawberries, LOL!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's alot like a cobbler, VERY easy and tasty!!

Claire

o

Shelley, thank you for posting the recipes and Claire your photo looks so yummy, saw it on the other post & knew I needed to try this. It will be one of the desserts for tomorrow evening.

Thank you both....

Lucy

o

Lol,Claire I am a little slow, took me reading it four times to figure out why you "spoon". Too funny..I really should use spellcheck or type slower.

Lucy you are welcome, Just a note: I haven't made the first recipe, only the second.

Shelley

o

Shelley, I'm surprised I caught it (spool vs. spoon) :D

Lucy, the recipe I used is the first recipe Shelley posted.

Claire

o
RE: Crazy Strawberry Cake.

Claire since you had mentioned the ingredients on the other post, I purchased those items (baking is my thing, kinda of figured out the size of Jello & the frozen strawberries) & feeling confident that the recipe would get posted, a great group of people at this site.

So it will be the first recipe Shelley posted that I'll try this time around. Thank you.

Lucy

o

Sent the recipe and pic to friend.
Sure hope she makes it and give me a piece!

o

Do you refrigerate after it has cooled?

o

I did refrigerate it...
Lucy

o
oven

It's in the oven and smells sooooooooooo good!

o

Lucy:I had the first one a while back.
It was gooooooooooooood !!!
Lou

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here