Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Busy Kitchen Day (With Upcoming Pictures)

Posted by moonwolf (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 12:04

Hi everyone,

Today is a busy day in the kitchen, but they are extremely easy recipes so it's gonna be fun :-). Today, mom and I are making the Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa Peach Cobbler and we're also having my favorite dish: fried green tomatoes (with Vidalia Onion Dressing) for supper! Pictures to come!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Busy Kitchen Day (With Upcoming Pictures)

Sounds good!!

o

Linda C, I am so excited! The cake/cobbler's in the oven and the tomatoes have been sliced (you can let them set for 6 hours to draw the water out) and the dressing is made and chilling.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Sounds good Brad. I've never had fried green tomatoes and I'm even from the south, shame,shame! Please do tell how you make them. Do they taste like fried eggplant?

o

I have never eaten fried eggplant, so I wouldn't know how they would taste LOL. They have a sour taste, not like a fully ripe tomato. They are very easy to make. Besides the tomatoes, it's flour and/or cornmeal (bread crumbs work too), milk and/or egg and oil to fry them in. Slice them about 1/4 inch thick, salt both sides of tomato slices, dip into beaten egg/milk mixture, then into breading. Fry in hot oil until golden brown. So yummy. They also make Fried Green Tomato batter (which I think is much better).

Here are the finished tomatoes. They were pretty good. I'll try and get a picture of the cobbler tomorrow.
Photobucket

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Brad, FGT are my favorites!

I have been using panko with good results.

o

Yum, Brad, I love fried green tomatoes, and haven't had any this year yet. We always had them for breakfast.

Enjoy them, and the cobbler.

Annie

o

Your FGT's look great and I would love your Vidalia onion dressing recipe as well as your cobbler recipe.
Enjoy your meal!

o

Thank you, everyone!

The cobbler is very good! I had a piece not too long after it came out of the oven. Yum :). Here are the recipes for you, trixietx,

Vidalia Onion Dressing

1 cup onions, diced
2 T. rice (or red) wine vinegar
1/2 cup mayo
2 T. brown sugar

Mix all ingredients and let chill. Serve over fried green tomatoes or use as a dressing for cole slaw.

Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa Cake (or Cobbler) Courtesy of Teresa :)

1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 cans sliced peaches in heavy syrup (15-16 ounces each)
1 stick real butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter in Pyrex baking dish (or similar). Place into oven while it preheats and take out once melted. In the meantime, whisk the flour, sugar and milk together til mostly smooth. Pour over the butter in the baking dish. Spoon the contents of both cans of peaches over the batter. Bake at 350, until golden brown and crust is done (50-60 minutes, depending on your oven). Serve hot with a scoop of ice cream for a wonderful treat!

I ate my piece of cobbler with some Cool Whip and it was heavenly. :) Enjoy!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

That looks delicious! Thanks for the recipes. If I get enough tomatoes on my pitiful little container plants, I will give it a try.

AM

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here