Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Sound of Bread

Posted by ann_t (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 10:59

Started this bread as soon as I got home from work last night. Took just under five hours from start to finish. Love the sound of bread when it "talks" and these eight little baguettes were quite chatty.

Sound of Bread

(turn up the volume)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Sound of Bread

Now isn't that the darnest thing you ever heard.

Beautiful loves too!

Wonder what they look like sliced, I can just imagine.

So enjoy all the wisdom on CF.......Thanks for all the posts you all.......

Shirl

o

Music to the hungry. :) Better than a dinner bell any time.

o

Ann T, you're right, they are chatty. I think they are saying "Eat Me, Eat me". Yes indeed, I'm pretty sure that's what I heard.

I get talking bread occasionally, although it seems that I get the one that screams "You screwed up" on a more regular basis, LOL.

Annie

o

Great sound effects to your post, Ann! The first time I made baguettes, they made that crackling sound for me while they cooled - kind of shocked me, I wasn't prepared for it. 'Course, my baguettes did not look as beautiful as yours.....

Teresa

o
Thank you!

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing this. I have never, ever listened to my bread, but I will next time.

And of course, your loaves are picture perfect as well as talkative.

o

Count me as another one like Annie's post.

My loaves aren't looking pretty anymore. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong these days but they all dip in the center. I don't think I'm letting them over-rise, but they sure aren't right.

Oh well, I'll have to see if they talk to me too, I don't think they do. If so they'll sure be telling me to "smarten up and do it right!"

o

Also the sound it makes when your teeth sink into the crispy crust.

Very pretty loaves.

dcarch

Here is a link that might be useful: Pretty loaves to loafers :-)

o

I have only heard my bread a couple of times, partly because I only recently learned that bread talks. Isn't it wonderful? Loved your YouTube! And Annie, LOL, unfortunately, I know just what you mean.

o

That is a unique video. What a great idea to post it.

The sight and sound of it made me salivate.

Jim

o

Removed duplicate post.

This post was edited by jimster on Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 14:20

o

I keep going back and listening to the Sound of Bread video. Enjoying!!

NOW I am waiting for the "Smell of Bread." video.

Shirl

o

Amazing. I have heard that when picking up a good loaf, but it can make it all on its own?! Learn something new every day. Even something cool this time.

:)

o

Ann, for me, only bread doughs which have been fermenting several days will make the familiar crackling sound coming out of the oven. Other breads, not so much.

The sound is similar to that of Rice Krispies in milk, I think.

Perfectly-golden crusts on your loaves. I'll check out your video next.

Sol

o

Sol, I haven't found that it makes much difference. I get crackling from bread, like this batch baked the same day and bread that has been given a longer fermentation.

~Ann

o

I've never noticed my bread making a sound, either. Hmmm. Beautiful loaves, Ann.

Sally

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here