SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mailfox7

electric vs. gas oven- what am I missing?

mailfox7
10 years ago

This is a cross post as I posted in kitchen forum, but electric ovens are so popular, only 1 person understood my dilema. So I will try here with cooks!

It has been 4 years since my remodel. For the life of me, I can't get used to cooking with an electric oven!
I love the new kitchen. But, I can't get things in the oven to turn out the same as when I had gas. I know it's supposed to be better for baking. Supposed to be more consistent temps. However, it is just not the case for me.
The temperature seems to be consistent, but there is something so drying with electric ovens that I never experienced in years of cooking with gas ovens.

We've found out there is a reason professional chefs use gas!

Don't get me started on the convection. It wrecks my baking. Dries it out. Do I need to add water to my oven with baking.

And how do you not burn food when the top heating element comes on to regulate the temp? Can I never use the top 2 racks?

My husband is loading the oven with firebricks in order to cook his beloved pizza that used to turn out perfectly and now is a huge challenge.

The temperature is correct. I've checked with it. I preheat. I've read my manual over and over. It must not be the oven! It's me! Or is it?

Electric is sooo much cleaner, but. . . my food!

What am I missing? I just had to rant ;-(

Hope you can help.

Comments (8)