SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenna1_gw

Make ahead mashed potatoes

jenna1
10 years ago

Since I was about 20 I always made and hosted Thanksgiving dinner for family and friends. That stopped when my husband was transferred and we had to move out of state.

He has now retired and we've moved to Arizona to a terrific summer vacation town. Alot of our family and friends are coming in August for vacations and the repeated request has been for my Thanksgiving dinner. Because of physical limitations I no longer can do all the cooking at one time so have pretty much planned out how to do most of it in the previous days, except the mashed potatoes.

Every Thanksgiving I've read with interest the make-ahead mashed potatoes threads and have always had one question regarding the recipes.......can you taste the sour cream and cream cheese in the mashed potatoes after they're prepared? Or do they taste like ordinary, made right before the turkey is done mashed potatoes (without sour cream and/or cream cheese)? Both my sister and my husband can't stand the taste of either, especially if it's going to interfer with the taste of the gravy. :)

Thank you all for your help!

Jenna

Comments (12)