SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

County Fairs

annie1992
10 years ago

Yes, it is that time again. Ann T is, among other things, a prophet, she said that Makayla could win a Grand Champion ribbon in Canada with those maple leaf hand pies. Well, she apparently could win one here too, along with some other ribbons.

These are the baked goods, ready for packaging and display, they include cinnamon rolls, peanut butter scones, Nutella bread and the hand pies.

My only baked entry was these dinner rolls, Makayla did most of the baking.

Our canned goods did pretty well too, here is Bud holding my ribbons and his. They didn't have a youth horticulture section this year, so he couldn't enter his garlic or the beets and lettuce he grew, so I told him he could have anything I won. He really only wants the very small premium, I figure it'll be about $4.00, LOL.

They were pretty excited when they found that several of those ribbons on display in the exhibit building belonged to them.

They also got some ribbons for photography, Makayla won a blue ribbon for her pictures of the Chicago skyline, taken from the top of the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier. Bud won second place for his picture of my cows. Of course, I liked the cows better, but the Judges did not ask my opinion, LOL.

So, the final "fair ribbon tally"?

Makayla got (in addition to her photograph):

Grand Champion for Sweet Cherry Hand Pies
Reserve Champion for Habanero Gold
Blue ribbon for cinnamon rolls
Blue ribbon for gooseberry jam
Blue ribbon for peanut butter scones
Blue ribbon for canned 3 bean salad
Red ribbon for Nutella bread
Red ribbon for KatieC's Chipotle Catsup

I took home:

Grand Champion for salsa
Reserve Champion for pickled beets
Blue ribbon for dinner rolls
Blue ribbon for heirloom white tomatoes

Bud got his photography ribbon and says that next year he's going to "build something". They had many "pine wood derby" type cars, a small working engine, ship models, birdhouses, patio furniture (!!) a pictoral on how to change the oil in a tractor. It appears that the sky is the limit for Bud's "building" project. (grin)

All in all, it was a pretty good day at the fair. I told Makayla that next year I was baking more things. She said that was fine, she'd just get on the internet at school and find all...

Comments (29)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio