SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oklamoni

toaster oven question, to those that have/use one

OklaMoni
10 years ago

I am at my daughters. She has, and uses a toaster oven. At home, I have a gas stove/oven.

I am wondering, if there are any real savings using a toaster oven over turning your big oven on.

Tell me why you use a toaster oven rather than your oven.

Moni

Comments (51)

• Islay_Corbel
    10 years ago

Less wasteful of energy above all!

• grainlady_ks
    10 years ago

-A regular oven has 5 or 6 times the space as a toaster oven to heat and maintain the temperature in, so the old rule - use the smallest appliance that will do the job - generally means you save energy.

-They cook food faster as well, especially if it has a convection feature, thereby saving time and energy.

-A toaster oven uses 1,200 -1,500 watts while an oven uses 6,000, and typically use 1/3 to 1/2 as much energy than a conventional oven for cooking small meals.

-Grainlady

Here is a link that might be useful: Energy Star Report - Toaster Ovens

• Related Discussions

Toaster Ovens, do you have one and what do you make?

Q

Comments (33)
    I never had any use for a toaster oven until I had no oven. I remembered the little toaster oven from my youth that made burned toast that my grandmother then scraped and buttered anyway. I haven't had a working oven in quite a while. I finally broke down and purchased a countertop oven perhaps the same size as the one Sharon is showing, maybe smaller. It wasn't a high end model, just an Emerson from Target. This Thanksgiving I did a 12 pound unstuffed turkey in it. I didn't think it was possible but it was. Since I carved it and froze the meat and almost everything for that meal I was able to do everything one item at a time. We had Thanksgiving on the sailboat where my son has been living in Long Beach since September. I find that it runs hot and I have to adjust the temperature dial down about 25 degrees. Also deep loaf pan quick breads will tend to burn on the bottom before they are baked through. So I divide the recipe into three mini loaf pans instead or use a small bundt pan. Glass also tends to lead to burned bottoms on my quick breads. We make lots of cookies, one-loaf quick bread recipes, pies and crisps and small bundt cakes. I haven't attempted yeast bread yet but I will at some point. I've baked pumpkin halves, and stuffing, and sweet potatoes. As long as the baking dish fits, I think almost anything can be baked in it. I don't use the mini cookie sheets one can purchase for toaster ovens, they are so small they are silly. Mine has a removeable bottom liner so I use that with parchment. It slides into the rack slot. Works fine.
    ...See More

Any one use a simple toaster oven anymore?

Q

Comments (19)
    I couldn't live without one, actually have 2, and their use goes up as the thermometer does. For anything that fits, that's preferred over turning on the regular oven. It's a little tricky getting used to for the less conventional items, but after a while, you get a feel for what your machine is going to do to/for different foods. Some cook faster, some slower. As long as I cover the top with a sheet of foil (not molded down, just laying on top) I can cook a whole chicken. I've made baklava, muffins, cookies, roast a lot of garlic, frozen french fries, meatloaf, u bet'cha! If looking for a new one, I would try to find the kind that has (or offers optionally) a little roasting pan with drip tray. You can take the top part off for some things, and keep it on for something like chicken or meatloaf so it can drip out. The other one just has what looks like a little cookie sheet that is not as versatile (or deep.)
    ...See More

Anyone remember my toaster oven question?

Q

Comments (5)
    LOL I suppose your test worked. Congrats on saving the money. I use my toaster oven more than my regular oven now with just the two of us it is the perfect size. This post was edited by CLBlakey on Mon, Aug 19, 13 at 0:12
    ...See More

Does anyone use a toaster oven anymore?

Q

Comments (41)
    I also grew up using a toaster oven. After my 1950's toaster stopped working, I bought the large Breville. It was basically my second oven. Not only were frozen foods heated, bread toasted, leftovers reheated, but it cooked side dishes or baked potatoes. We're a family of 5 and it was used, at least once, daily. After a couple of years, the "on" button started to malfunction. I spent quite a bit of time thinking about a replacement and decided on the Cuisinart CSO because we steam veg and rice and I wanted to proof bread a couple of times a week, all in addition to the other uses I mentioned. I was essentially looking to replace our M/W for steaming. I kind of miss my Breville because the interior is larger and it performed convection cooking better, IMO. However, the Cuisinart is still used quite often. I can still fit a 12 inch frozen pizza in there, but only 4 bagel halves instead of 6. With 3 kids, that makes a difference in timing. The kids like to heat sandwiches for lunch. I use the steam function regularly. I prefer to reheat on the cooktop for a crispy bottom, in a covered skillet. At this point, the kids use the M/W to make instant oatmeal and that's it. I'm just waiting for it to die. My induction cooktop does a better job of melting and reheating. To go along with my oven, my ultimate goal is to get a real CSO and keep the toaster oven for small things/toasting. No m/w because we hardly use it.
    ...See More
  • sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    10 years ago

In researching the replacement of my wall ovens, i wondered why a small oven, like the popular Breville SmartOven, is not available as a built-in. A toaster oven is a multi-tasker from morning toast through evening snacks. A workhourse for a large family on different schedules, an efficient cooking tool for a single bachelor.
    Also surprising is the complaints of cost. Some pay thousands for a large oven used not that often, but want a toaster oven to be under a hundred. The Breville is 250. I would pay double for it to be an installed oven. (i don't like or have room for a counter appliance).
    So i use my 24" wall ovens for everything, from toast to turkey. Fits my big roaster and my 1/2 cookie sheets.
    My only oven at the cabin is the Oster toaster oven. Used just a dozen times a year. We grill and use the smoker for most cooking there.
    We will be up all next vacation week, and the toaster oven can easily make a morning egg tart or frittata, a fruit crostini dessert, decent toast or bruschetta. Much more efficient just heating the small footprint as Grainlady and all answered above.

(the Breville mini is 150. Had i researched i would have purchased rather than a Costco quick buy)

Here is a link that might be useful: Breville mini smart oven

• teresa_nc7
    10 years ago

A toaster oven can easily cook for up to three servings, depending on what the item is. If a household is only rarely feeding 4 or more, a toaster oven will be used much more often than a full size oven.

Most of the year, my large oven is used only for 2-loaf bread baking, full recipe cookie and cake baking, big batch meatball baking, and holidays. Recently I've done web searching for mini cake recipes, for when a craving strikes. I even bake frozen pizza in my toaster oven - I just cut it in half or in slices while still frozen.

Teresa

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone. Now, I have to decide, how much counter space I want to give up... and which model to buy.

I was thinking it would be less energy used... but since gas is cheaper here in Oklahoma, always just used my big oven.

But honest, it just doesn't get used in the summer, cause of the amount of heat it creates.

By fall, I am so ready for oven cooked meals and stuff.

Moni

• cloudy_christine
    10 years ago

I was just about to post a question on toaster-ovens too. It must be the heat, and the thought of turning on the big oven.

In places where gas is cheap compared to electricity, it may not be a cost saving. Hard to compare now that we use gas for heating and hot water, but a few years ago when we only used it for cooking my gas bill was under $10 a month, no matter how much I baked.

But I'd like to get all the heat out of the kitchen. I would never give a toaster-oven permanent counter space, but I am thinking I could use it outside the house on very hot days. (I think we are the only people in North America who do not have a grill.)
    For that I'd want a very cheap one, but I'm thinking the cheap ones may be so poorly insulated that they cost more to run.

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    10 years ago

Cost difference for operating a toaster oven vs a regular oven should not be a consideration. Over all in a year, it comes to very little money one way or the other in total use.

A toaster oven with convection and a rotisserie is very nice.

dcarch

• dedtired
    10 years ago

I could not live without my toaster oven and microwave (well, that's a bit of an exaggeration). If I use my regular gas oven once a week, that is a lot. Since I mostly cook for just me, the toaster oven is ideal.

• grainlady_ks
    10 years ago

Moni-

There are under-the-cabinet toaster ovens available, if space is premium.

I'd also suggest some toaster oven cookbooks (check your local library). One of my favorites is "The Gourmet Toaster Oven" by Lynn Alley. Recipes in cookbooks designed for cooking for one or two or "foil dinners" work very well in the toaster oven. Along with a dinner I'll tuck in a couple packets of foil-wrapped cornbread, breads, or dinner rolls, etc. (stored in the freezer) the last 10-15-minutes to reheat them.

Another energy saving choice....

I use my convection/microwave oven (wall-mounted over the stove) far more than my "big oven". Nearly everything will bake 25-50% faster and it will accommodate a 12-cup muffin tin or 13x9x2-inch pan. I can stack three 12-inch pizza pans and bake cookies in 5-7 minutes on those pizza pans. So if anyone needs to replace a wall-mounted microwave, I'd suggest a convection/microwave.

I use low-energy cooking methods all the time including solar ovens, microwave, Wonder Ovens, Thermal Cooker, Induction Hot Plate, etc.

It costs .02-cents (checked with a Watt-a-Meter) to bake a loaf of bread in the Zojirushi Bread Machine, as another energy-saving appliance. I can bake 2 loaves of bread in my convection/microwave oven in 20-minutes and NO preheating necessary (cost: .03-cents).

With government changes mandated to coal-fired power plants (install expensive pollution controls or shut down), we should be expecting electricity cost to sky rocket in the near future. We may need to utilize more low-energy cooking methods in the near future. Low-energy Cooking is the subject of my fall class. I've been sewing Wonder Ovens with 100% cotton fabric I get for a $1 a yard at Wal-Mart to give to students.

-Grainlady

This post was edited by grainlady on Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 16:06

• bellsmom
    10 years ago

I am currently still getting familiar with my Breville Smart Oven. I consider it probably my favorite new appliance (well, maybe tied with the Zoji bread machine). Here are some of the reasons that occur to me:

1. It is a very good toaster. So there is NO single-use toaster (that would take up 1/3 to 1/2 the space the oven uses) to find a home for.
    2. It produces FAR less heat, as others have said, and heats up much faster than my range oven. I can bake scones in the Breville smart oven from turning pre-heat on to taking the scones out in the time it takes me just to pre-heat the conventional oven.
    3. And it cools down much faster. There is not the long cool-down time when the conventional oven continues to emit heat. A big advantage now that the days near 90 degrees and I so very much dislike having to turn on the air conditioning and shut doors and windows.
    (When I use the conventional oven in very hot weather, I always turn on the exhaust fan to pull out as much of the heat as possible. Never bother doing that with the Breville.)
    4. It is nearly eye-level, which my only other oven (in my range) is definitely not. Wish I had room for a wall oven!

In the last two days I have used the Brevile to
    1. roast asparagus
    2. bake scones
    3. toast bread and pine nuts
    4. bake pizza

Finally, I find that shoved to the back of a conventional countertop, the toaster oven still leaves usable counter space in front. Yes it is big. Yes, I wish I had more open counter space. But this is well worth the loss, and I personally am very happy that I chose the large one.

• Lars
    10 years ago

I have a large toaster oven (Black & Decker), but I wish I had the Breville 800, as it will accommodate a 13" diameter pizza, and you can get a pizza stone to go with it. With mine, I can only bake an 11" diameter pizza, but I normally make huge pizzas and put them in my regular oven. I now have a pizza stone for my BGE, but I have not used it yet.

For most of what would be large oven uses, I use the BGE or another outdoor BBQ grill, since we have four now, in all, plus a smoker. I use them all year, although somewhat less in the winter, when there is less daylight, but I have been adding lighting to my back yard and plan to add even more so that I will want to use it even more. I have a small Weber grill that I use for very small item, but I'm using the smoker now a bit more. Anyway, these may be options for something to use other than a toaster oven or large oven.

I use my toaster oven once or twice a day and bake casseroles in it when I make them. It will fit a 9x13 pan and has plenty of height so that I can roast a chicken in it, if I want. It also has a rotisserie, but I only used that once because it has a 3# limit, and it is difficult to find a chicken that small, although it would be great for Cornish game hens.

Lars

• okievegan
    10 years ago

Mom, mine is a Black & Decker convection toaster oven.

Yes, it takes up counter space, but only because I allow it to do so. It is portable, after all and I HAVE simply placed it inside my oven when I needed the counter space.

Because it is portable, it is also easy to set it outside when I want to cook something in the summer. Try doing that with your big gas stove! It generates a LOT less heat and cools down an heck of a lot faster when turned off than a full-size oven does. Smaller space means small clean up as well and because it is portable, it is easy to put wherever you want while cleaning it instead of having to sit on the kitchen floor and practically crawl inside a full-size to get it clean.

I bought mine because I got tired of homestay students heating up the oven (and the entire house) to cook one measly chicken patty. In the summer. When it was over 110 degrees. When the a/c would run without stopping just to keep it near 80 inside.

Anyway, like I said, the boys won't be back until late August, so if you want to borrow it for a week or so to see how you like it, well, you know where I live and you have a key. :)

• okievegan
    10 years ago

Ah, found the little paper booklet that goes with it. The model is T01640B. It is about $65 on amazon, which I wouldn't consider to be expensive. I have had it for a couple of years now without any problems other than the little tray that comes with it can be thrown away immediately after getting the thing out of the box.

Here is a link that might be useful: This is what I have, but I got it from somewhere else.

• User
    10 years ago

I have a B&D toaster oven just got it a few months ago it is perfect for the 2 of us the best $20 I have spent in a long time is also has convection. Love that it does not heat up the house.

Grainlady you mentioned under the counter models do you have any brands to look for. B&D used to have one but have not been available for years. Would love UCM my mom has one it is awesome.

• dees_1
    10 years ago

I also must sing the praises of the Breville Smart Oven. I have a wonderful stove that I use a lot but the Breville is used for those times when I need to bake/roast/toast something small and quick. I also use it to bake cupcakes to get through the batch quicker. Well worth the cost. If you can get your hands on a BB&B 20% coupon, use it to buy the Breville.

It is big and it takes up counter space but it's GREAT!

• ci_lantro
    10 years ago

I needed a toaster oven since we don't have the ovens installed yet. Looked around at rummage sales until I found one large enough to fit a 9 x 13 pan. Found a kinda' vintage and lightly used Toastmaster TO for $7.

After having it for a few months, I wondered what took me so long to get on the toaster oven bandwagon. I just love how fast it heats up...my old oven needed 30 minutes to preheat which was often just enough to put me off the notion of baking anything. I also love the fact that it doesn't fill the kitchen with excess heat. Wow! Why didn't I realize this back when I suffered through Oklahoma summers??? And, it always seemed like such a waste to fire up a 30'' oven for just a few baked potatoes or a pan of brownies.

Anyway, long story short...get one. And get a larger sized one that will fit a 9 x 13 pan. I'm lusting for the Breville800XL but so long as the Toastmaster works, I'll just keep drooling. Heck, today I found the very HVLP paint sprayer that I was planning to purchase...at a rummage sale and for only $5. Yes, it works, or so they assured me. Used it for one project and then they were done with it.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll luck into that Breville at a rummage sale.

10 years ago

I use mine also to:

Make french fries without frying.

Roast bell peppers to remove the skin.

Dehydrate small quantity of food.

Make bacon.

dcarch

• compumom
    10 years ago

Ok I'm sold, but large or compact Smart Oven? I have two convection ovens, a microwave and a bbq.. For two of us, do I need the large size?

10 years ago

IMHO, get the smallest that you think will work for you most of the time.

Because the power outlet only can supply 1800 watts, which makes the large ones slower to heat up to maximum temperature.

dcarch

• bellsmom
    10 years ago

(Edited to add this: I responded to this thread first time in June. After about ten months of daily use, there are NO problems)

There are two of us.
    I have a drawer MW, a convection oven, and a BGE.

I no longer have a dedicated toaster. My large Breville will do six slices, which I seldom do, and four or two, which I usually do. But when I want to toast two hamburger buns for DH and one for me, I am grateful for the big one.

It will also bake a 13" pizza, which I often do.

I agree with dcarch. Get the smallest that will work for you. And maybe measure carefully to see how much space the large vs. the medium vs. the small will take on your counter. I do NOT think you will want to store this oven elsewhere and bring it out to use it. If it is worth buying, it is worth counter space--IMHO.

I have CERTAINLY never regretted owning the large one. And I hate counter clutter.

This post was edited by Bellsmom on Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 11:37

• mustangs81
    10 years ago

Ditto Bellsmom. I have looked at the smaller Smart Oven numerous times contemplating the time when I have to replace my Large SO. Just two of us but I don't think the smaller SO would serve my needs; but then consider that I use it 90 percent over my regular ovens. You might not use it as much as I use mine.

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

I use my large Breville Smart Oven every.single.day.
    When it breaks, I will replace it immediately. I have limited counter space-it earns it space! I cook for only 2 people daily, and choose to use it over my very expensive Dacor oven. I do not find that it takes long to heat up to temp - much less time than the Dacor oven.
    I know the smaller oven would be too small for all the cooking I do in the large oven. I recommend you use a coupon at Bed, B & Beyond and buy the large oven, and don't look back!

• compumom
    10 years ago

Hmm, one thing I noticed in the reviews was that a number of people mentioned that it stopped functioning after 15 months - 2 years. My old Delongi must be at least 15 yrs old and still works--although the toaster/broiler feature isn't working as it used to. I also have a Cuisinart toaster that we use occasionally. It would be nice to clear that off of the counter and just have a single appliance. I will take DH with me on Monday and stop by BB&B to pick one up.

• John Liu
    10 years ago

You could buy it from a store that offers a replacement plan, like Best Buy (which has toaster ovens in the online store, and offers 2 year replacement plans).

• mustangs81
    10 years ago

Ellen, Mine is going on 4+ years. We are talking pennys a day so if I did have to replace it, I wouldn't hesitate considering how much of a contribution it makes. (BB&B with coupon=$200)

Excuse me now, I've got to get the breakfast sausage out of my large Breville Smart Oven.

• bellsmom
    10 years ago

One last contribution to this post from me. BB&B has a GREAT return policy. That plus their 20% off coupons and great in-store service --it's my first go-to for small appliances. I have NEVER been disappointed with them.

• alex9179
    10 years ago

I got mine last year at BB&B, so can't speak to longevity yet. I use it as my 2nd oven and when I'm cooking something small. I've even baked bread in it with good results.

Good deal with the coupon, though!

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Folks, I took my daughter up on her offer, and borrowed her toaster oven.

It sat right where the micowave used to, before I put it on a shelf below the counter.

It just sat there, most of the summer. Then the boys came back, and she needed the oven back.

I took it back to her.

Never turned it on once.

Guess, I really don't need a toaster oven.

:)

Moni

• mustangs81
    10 years ago

Moni, Good for you for testing your need for a TO before buying one.

I did much the same, I bought a $15 TO from Salvation Army, kept it on the counter for a month, decided I would use one, bought the Breville from BB&B. The HG didn't understand why I didn't just keep using the $15 one.

• compumom
    10 years ago

DH and I decided we will probably* buy the smaller one and see how we like it. We will definitely be purchasing from BB&B with a coupon.
    * means that when DH sees both and how they function, he'll probably want the larger one, but for now, it's the smaller size! LOL

• kitchendetective
    10 years ago

The small print on the BB&B coupons excludes use with Breville. I tried to purchase a Breville appliance online with an online coupon and the program gave me a message that the coupon could not be used for the purchase. (Happily used for a Bamix instead.) Same with a Vitamix grains container--the program refused it.

• mustangs81
    10 years ago

KD, The manager at my BB&B honored the coupon and said the the only brand they won't us it on is Meile. I just bought a Breville Smart Grill; they don't stock it so they ordered it on line for me. As I sat at the desk, the clerk asked if I had a coupon, I said I did but it excluded Breville. She said not to worry and took off 20% and gave the coupon back to me to use another time.

• kitchendetective
    10 years ago

I recall the other thread on this topic. I tried inside two different stores also, and the forbidden brands were a no-go. I will be in a different area later in the week and am going to try again. However, I wonder if it's a regional issue.

• compumom
    10 years ago

I'm the new owner of a Breville Smart Oven! As I suspected, DH opted for the larger size. We used our coupon at BB&B and trotted home. It was late, we were hungry and of course DH had to use the new toy. I happened to have a gluten free pizza in the freezer and we gave it a whirl. Presto! In 12 minutes we had a perfect pizza! Ahem..not homemade by the CF standards-- Ann T, please don't judge me...:-P

The one negative so far is how warm the outside cavity became. I will have to be careful not to get burned accidentally.

• mustangs81
    10 years ago

Yea! It does get hot but I haven't gotten burned in fact I keep my FoodSaver on top of the BSO. I got the cutting board that sits on top of the BSO and it acts as insulation for the FS. No problems in 4 years.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cutting Board for BSO

• bellsmom
    10 years ago

I also bought the cutting board to diffuse the top heat. Thought it too expensive, but I was in the mood to splurge. If you or someone you know is handy, any cutting board could be trimmed to fit, I think.

The largest oven has a couple extra features the smaller ones do not have. I especially like the shelf that slides out when the door is opened.

I think you and DH will be pleased with your new toy. Tell us after a while if you use it frequently.

• alex9179
    10 years ago

One thing I really like about the Breville is that you can change the temp and time while it's cooking. The first one I got wouldn't do that, so back it went.

I use my TO as a warming drawer a lot. When I skillet fry meats the TO keeps it nice and hot while the gravy is prepared. Or it holds the side dish at warm until the main is ready.

Freshly toasted bread for all 5 of us seemed almost decadent!

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    10 years ago

I've wondered why all the counter appliances? When did that happen? In the early 70's?
    Breville makes such good products and well designed. It seems so many counter appliances are used more than our built-ins. Often cheap and disposable.
    I have no counter appliances but have small wall ovens that i use for everything...toasting etc.
    I need my counter space for prep and all other things and can't afford the space and just don't like the clutter.
    Just surprised that many have large ovens rarely used, and why some standard did not come into play over the years to make smaller ovens like the Breville and others to be offered in a built-in. Code and venting and insulation? Still strange that a big counter appliance is used more than any other cooking source that already exists.

• compumom
    10 years ago

Second trial was this morning. DH toasted two types of bread and melted cheese with great result!
    Cathy,--I'm confused about the cutting board. I need the larger board- for the Smart Oven -- not the one shown in the link. Right?

• mustangs81
    10 years ago

Ellen, Sorry, I didn't realize that there were two sizes. I measured mine and it matches the measurements in the one featured in the link below.

I'm glad DH is having success.

Sleevendog, I don't tolerate counter clutter either but my SO is tucked away in an area that would not be convenient for food prep so it's perfectly suited for this counter appliance.

Here is a link that might be useful: Large Board

10 years ago

Whatever you put on top, on the sides of the toaster will improve insulation and the toaster will work more efficiently.

However, be very careful. do not block certain ventilation holes where the control board is located. The holes are needed so that electronics/component will not over heat.

dcarch

• alex9179
    10 years ago

Re: counter space. I'm "very lucky" to have an almost unusable built in buffet/serving area at one end of my kitchen by the eat-in area. The counter is too narrow for prep, but enough that in NEVER stays nice looking.

I put the TO here, with the pans in one of the drawers. It's right by the oven and kitchen seating and the heat concerns keeps some of the dumping ground cleared. It's a mess right now, though, with mixer parts covering the rest of it. I'm inspired to get that all organized today!

• mustangs81
    10 years ago

Ellen, Another tool that helps me with the TO is a rack puller, especially when the rack is on the bottom position.

Here is a link that might be useful: Puller

• compumom
    10 years ago

Thanks Cathy!

• mustangs81
    10 years ago

Alex, Did the puppy help you with your organization project.

Ellen, I just noticed that the pull I recommended didn't have a magnet like mine does. I attach mine to the side of the TO so it's hidden but very handy.

Update: My Breville TO has been sick so I reached out to Breville to see if they knew of a fix. They said it was old, which I certainly agree with and have no problem replacing it since I calculated that it cost me about 12 cents a day (purchase price divided by number of days I've had it). Customer service was excellent and they gave me a great offer to replace it.

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

I also use a puller -- especially when using the lower rack.
    It lives in the cabinet drawer next to the oven -- hidden -- where only I know where it is!
    Cathy - good to know about the great customer service you received from Breville. I will keep that in mind when mine gets 'sick'. I use it everyday, so I don't expect it to last forever, but it would be nice! I also splurged and purchased an extra pizza pan so I could make 2 pizzas easily - worth every penny for the convenience.
    I also have the electric wok made by Breville. I love their products!

Your pup looks so content! Pretty kitchen.

• alex9179
    10 years ago

Mustangs, he's always "there" :) My giant baby! My GSD is even more of a velcro dog, though.

• compumom
    10 years ago

Cathy, your Smart Oven broke after only 4 years? Glad to hear that Breville helped you out, however 4 years of everyday use isn't that much wear & tear. I love mine, however I'm going to be really distressed if mine dies in such a short time. What did Breville say?

• kitchendetective
    10 years ago

"hidden -- where only I know where it is! "

How'd you manage that? I thought my teeny spice funnels were hidden, too . . .

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    10 years ago

They are only hidden as long as you remember where you stashed them... after, they are missing.

LOL

Moni