Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making Picnic Plans :-)

Posted by moonwolf (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 21:05

Hi everyone,

So, my friends and I are finally going to have our picnic sometime this month. The friend and her husband who are hosting us (well, where we'll be meeting at), is supposed to call me in a few days to work out the schedule of things to do. The menu is all planned and I've even started a shopping list for the things we'll need lol.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making Picnic Plans :-)

Brad, I know that you have been looking forward to this picnic for a while. Glad it is going to happen soon. Looking forward to your follow up posts.

~Ann

o

I'm sure your cooking will be the star of the show, Brad.

o

I will keep everyone posted about the picnic plans. I have to call the one friend who is joining us tonight. Just to refresh your memories, here is the menu I have written down.

Gram's Lemonade
Alabama BBQ Ribs
Twice Baked Potatoes
Veggies & Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip & Tortilla Chips (the veggies can be dipped in this too I figured lol)
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Rice Krispie Bars

We may make some modifications or additions to the menu. The sauce for the ribs sounds a little sweet, so I may add some of the wing sauce for the buffalo chicken dip for a little spice, but not too much since I and another friend don't like overly spicy foods. I cannot wait until my friends and I get together! Rain or shine, it'll be a very fun day :-).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

All recipes have now been written down. I might have to take some cards with me in case anyone wants the recipes of the menu items.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Ok, it is getting much warmer, now you have to make a lot more Gram's Lemonade.

dcarch :-)

o

dcarch, That won't be a problem lol. If it's a warm day, I think 3 gallons of the lemonade will go fast ;-).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

I agree, you'll want LOTS of your Gram's lemonade. Everything sounds delicious and I know you've been looking forward to this.

I hope the weather is perfect for you, have a wonderful time!

Annie

o

Thank you, Annie!

I get to start making more official plans tomorrow when my friend (who, along with her husband, are hosting us), calls me and we figure out a schedule for the big day :-). I'll let everyone know how tomorrow goes!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Just talked to the friend who is hosting us. Our plans are more concrete, but, still no official date for the picnic. That is, until she figures out what days she has to work. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Have fun on your picnic Brad. Sounds like fun! Be sure to take pictures!!!

o

"----- Our plans are more concrete, ------"

Sounds like the picnic will be on the cement sidewalk. LOL!

dcarch

o

I'll try and remember to take pictures, for sure! LOL dcarch, I'm thankful our friend who is hosting us lives out in the country, but I think our picnic may be moved to the end of the month. Some plans came up for my one friend and she may not be able to make it.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Well, it looks like the picnic is to be rescheduled yet again. This time for next month. I do have my 5 year class reunion coming up, and we'll be bringing covered dishes for that event. Hmm, I think I'll make a dessert or two to share, and make Gram's Lemonade as well.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here