Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Been Trying New Recipes,This Is a Keeper..

Posted by bulldinkie (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 18:36

Best Ever Crabcakes
1Lb crab meat
1/3c crushed crackers Ritz best
3 green onions chopped
1/2c bell pepper chopped fine
1/4c mayo
1egg
1t.worchestershire sauce lol
1 t dry mustard
1/2T lemon
1/4t garlic powder
1t salt
flour for dusting
preheat peanut oil on med heat
In large bowl mix all ingred.except flour,peanut oil
shape into patties,About 6 patties ,dust with flour,place patties in oil,fry 4-5 min flip fry another 4 minutes..Dont need tarter or cocktail these are delicious...best I ever ate and over the years in north east Ive had alot of crabcakes...enjoy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Been Trying New Recipes,This Is a Keeper..

That sounds good, thanks for sharing!

o

That sounds good, thanks for sharing!

o

that does sound good and I love crabcakes, so I'll keep that for a try.

Thanks!

Annie

o

Thanks, bulldinkie - they sound great. I've already copied & pasted.

o

I make salmon patties, and didn't think of flouring before frying. I'll try that. Thanks for the tip Dinkie.

o

I mak salmon cakes too I like them.How do you make yours?I make like my mother did,she removed the bones,she put bread tore in pieces,1 egg,parsley,then fried them but my favorite are these crab cakes best I ever had..

o

Hi Dinkie,
I used canned salmon and add some mashed potato for the binder, minced onion, some dijon mustard, an egg and hot sauce. I'll definitely use flour for a bit of a coating, thanks to you!

o

"1t.worchestershire sauce lol"

Is that a joke? lol.

Sounds great. I love crab cakes.

o

Sounds great! I have decided I like crabcakes best like your recipe, lightly deviled.
Plain, "focus on the crab" cakes are usually too bland for me.

o

Lea & Perrins DID make "White Wine Worchestershire Sauce".
The label says 'For chicken, fish and lighter foods'.
It has green lettering on the label.
I have a partial bottle in my refrigerator.
We don't use any Worchestershire sauce much,
So it has lasted for quite a long time.

After "Googling" it,
it seems they no longer make it.
But there are a lot of articles that come up
about substitutes for it,
which I didn't read.

They do make a low sodium variety,
And a chicken marinade.
I'm wondering if they consider that marinade a replacement
For the discontinued sauce.
The label looks to be the same color scheme.

And now I'm hungry for crab cakes or salmon cakes!

Rusty

o

Hi, I was wondering if imitation crab would be O.K in this recipe?

I live in rural Kansas and last I checked real crab meat is hard to come by.

It sounds really good and I'd like to try them but was curious about the imitation stuff..

Thx..

o

It won't be even remotely similar with surimi crab.
Buy canned crab and rinse it before using

o

Indy, we don't have fresh crab meat here either but lately, I've been able to get a 1 lb. can of refrigerated crab meat in the seafood section for under nine dollars (on sale, but it's on sale all the time) so I would look around.
The fake crab to me, is too sweet, and while it would work in a physical sense- same ratio, same texture- the taste would be different. And if you can get a good buy on real crab, the few dollars more is well worth it.
That said, I have had fake crab cakes before and they weren't bad, just different from real crab.
All prejudices aside, I prefer the real crab as it isn't as sweet tasting as the fake.

o

D like me a good CRABcake... heavy on crab and light on cake. My Grandmother made some good ones... think she used bread crumbs ^ not crushed up crackers, but everything else in recipe looks about the same. Once she mixed stuff together, she'd chill it... think that let bread crumbs soak up any extra liquid. She ALWAYS shallow fried them in bacon grease in a big-ole cast iron skillet... ONLY way I do them!

On crab meat!?! Haven't in a long time, but always enjoy a get together where there are fresh/cooked crabs to pick. ENjoy the company more than the picking. Always thought fresh/canned/refrigerated crab meat was BIG $$ until I thought... ya probably toss at LEAST 50% of a whole crab (by weight), even if you're a GOOD picker. And WHERE does that big $ crab meat come from? A while back splurged on a lb of "Phillip's" brand... shoulda been using readin glasses, cuz it didn't come from anywhere NEAR Maryland... from half way around the world. Though crab cakes were yummy, might not have bought crab meat if I had realized it wa from somewhere in Asia??

And condiment for me... homemade cocktail sauce almost PINK due to serious amount of horseradish added to ketchup.

o

Oh yeah....blue crabs are different from "whatever" they find in Thailand!
I have picked my share....and also lured them close enough to be netted with a fish head on a string!

o

Imatation crab is wite fish isnt it ,I dont think its crab meat,no no joke Everyody has thier own way of saying worchestershire sauce I wasnt sure I spelled it right.

o

Yes, bulldinkie, imitation crab is actually fish. It's not bad, I kind of like it, but it's not crab.

I grew up saying "woostershire" sauce, LOL, I didn't know how to spell it until I was an adult and checked the label. I mostly only use it for Chex Mix.

Annie

o

worchestershire is "woostershire" ...pronounced woostersher just like worchester is wooster...and Skeaneateles is pronounces "Skinny atlas"

o

I was raised pronouncing worchestershire "wooster" as it is in England where Worchestershire is located.

Cheryl

o

So....jadite....you called worchestershire sauce "wooster sauce"? Not "Woostersher sauce"?
I believe the town in England is Worchester. And Shire is the county or area.

o

Linda - Worcester is pronounced "wooster" both in England and Massachusetts. Worcestershire, which is where Worcester (in England) is located, and where the sauce was invented, is also pronounced "wooster", at least in the part of England I've been in as well as most English-speaking countries other than the U.S. Yes it's confusing!

Cheryl

o

Isn't Leicester pronounced, 'lester' in London?

o

Who cares its good stuff I use it a good bit,barbeque,crab cakes,etc

o

I call it L&P......:-)

Great sounding recipe BD . Bet it would work will with fresh salmon too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here