SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_slamm

lentil sprouts - an expanding saga

agmss15
9 years ago

So I have been shuffling through my dry goods trying to use up the older stuff. I came across a mostly full package of beluga lentils.

I decided I would sprout and cook them - as I learned from grainlady. That said the results are completely my own. Lol.

Day 1 - and my first mistake. I took 2 cups and prepared them to soak - realized the package had less than a cup left. Ok soak them all.

Day 2 - by evening they were perfect. Quarter inch little radicles emerging. Unfortunately something came up and I did not get them cooked. Also we had the first of several warm days.

Day 3 - I noticed they had expanded quite a bit. I was invited to a dinner that night. Took out 5 cups to make a side dish. Barely touched the volume. Uh oh.

Day 4 - messaged my neighbors to see if they would care for some sprouts. Spent sometime figuring out what would be an uninsulting but large amount. Another 5 cups - though I told them 4. Had a generous cup for lunch. Still barely a dent.

Day 5 - Offered my mom some. Another 5 cups. More for lunch.

Day 6 - Used a cup in a pasta salad for my sister and me at the shop.

And some will go into todays salad and then maybe it will be compost time. Whew. No sprouts for awhile. And clearly sprout carefully in warm weather.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!