SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pat_t_gw

Maple Crown Royal Pound Cake with Butter/Maple Crown Royal Glaze

pat_t
10 years ago

I was at the local watering hole the other night, talking with an old high school friend. She decided she wanted to try a shot of the new Maple Crown Royal. She let me smell it and I instantly said, "That would make a GREAT pound cake!"

Whereupon she offered to buy the Maple Crown Royal if I would bake the cake.

So today she delivered the whiskey, and I delivered the goods.

Here's the result:

And here's the recipe I came up with:

MAPLE CROWN ROYAL POUND CAKE

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Maple Crown Royal
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped

Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition.

Whisk the sour cream, Maple Crown Royal and vanilla in a small bowl. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients and mixing well after each addition. Add pecans. Spoon into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.

Bake at 325 degrees F. for 1-1/2 hours. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

Glaze:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup Maple Crown Royal

Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in Maple Crown Royal. Note: The liquor will cause steam. Be careful not to burn yourself. Let set for 10 minutes to thicken slightly before brushing on cake.

Comments (25)