Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New snack addiction....

Posted by caliloo (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 16:34

Organic Spicy Blue Tortilla Chips in Roasted Red Pepper Hummus..... my tastebuds are singing!

What is your current snack "must have"?

Alexa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New snack addiction....

I really like the new Pop Chips. BBQ flavor is my fave. Trying to watch my calorie intake, and these satisfy a need lol.

seagrass

o

I really like the new Pop Chips. BBQ flavor is my fave. Trying to watch my calorie intake, and these satisfy a need lol.

seagrass

o

Honey whole wheat pretzel twists.

o

Believe it or not, roasted brussels sprouts. I am popping them in my mouth right now.

o

Foods Should Taste Good Multigrain Chip - like a (relatively) healthy tortilla chip and so so good! Picked them up at Costco.

Here is a link that might be useful: Multigrain chips

o

Bright red, cold, crisp watermelon cubes. The watermelon has been terrific this year. The cold moisture in my mouth with Sjogren's is bliss. I'm munching 3-4 cups of cubes/day.

/tricia

o

Lately, grapefruit. I have been craving juicy, red grapefruit for the past year. Love it as a snack with a teaspoon of sugar on top.

o

Red seedless grapes, ripe peaches, and my version of mongrelized bruschetta (thin sliced French bread topped with pico de gallo or guacamole). Recently was in a toasted salted seaweed (nori) phase.

o

I started making roasted kale chips and I can't get enough of them. Not quite as good a chips but a reasonable substitute. And I don't have any chip hangover or guilt.

o

Strawberries from my garden along with Sungold and Yellow Currant cherry tomatoes. The "Tango" variety of celery I am growing this year is particularly good also.

o

Well... some of you may remember me asking for a good granola recipe. I loved the ideas you gave- the peanut butter, maple, it all sounded so good. So I bought the ingredients, but still haven't gotten around to making it. But I was craving some peanut butter, so I put a glob of it in a bowl along with some sliced almonds, maple syrup, honey, toasted wheat germ, and unsweetened coconut, and I have to say, I am loving it! Sort of like a peanut butter cookie dough. But I am right with you guys on a lot of these- kale chips, roasted broccoli... and I've been really loving country potatoes lately.

o

Roasted chickpeas, tossed with olive oil and Mrs. Dash Mesquite. Crispy/chewy, and I don't have to feel (too) guilty! Also blueberries eaten with sliced almonds.

I haven't made hummus in a while, but that sounds really good now!

o

Sliced radishes on a buttered slice of baguette. I'm addicted

o

Have been making "bagel chips" recently. Have a meat slicer that I found at a thrift store. NOT "professional" by any means, but does a decent job. I slice bagels REALLY thin and speard out in large pan... bottom of broiler pan has lots of area. Then I drizzle LIBERAL amount of melted butter and good olive oil... then toss, toss, toss. Liberal sprinkling of season salt, Adobo, Saison, whatever I grab. Into 350 oven for 15 miinutes. Toss again and back into over for another 15 minutes. Usualy shakeon garlic/onion salt near the end so it doesn't get a burnt taste. Toss and repeat until chips are browned and crispy. Not necessarily a "healthy" snack... butter/oil & salty seasonings... but I like 'em.

Have one of those Philly Soft Pretzel places near me... thinking of trying same thiing with them. I consider bagels and soft pretzels as "cousins"?!?

o

At the moment, Georgia peaches. We stocked up on some on our way back from Florida on vacation. Sweet, juicy and oh so good! That and homemade pretzel rolls with melted jalapeno cheese. Isn't it snack time yet?! NancyLouise

o

I've been in one of my recurring banana chip phases. The dogs have decided they like banana chips too so I'm having to share.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here