Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you know of a good online bulk tea supplier?

Posted by ynnej (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 15:03

I've used Starwest Botanicals, but wasn't impressed. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you know of a good online bulk tea supplier?

I've bought my tea from Upton Teas for years. I lived in Massachusetts which is where Upton Teas in located (NOT in Upton, but in Holliston), so shipping was very inexpensive. I don't know what costs are for other part of the country.

Hope this helps,
Cheryl

Here is a link that might be useful: Upton Teas

o

I buy mine from The Tea Source in Minnesota. I heard about them on The Splendid Table (NPR). I love the Albert Square Blend (black english breakfast blend)

Here is a link that might be useful: Tea Source

o

I'm not much of a tea drinker, but my friends who are, love Teavanna.

o

Have you tried Charleston Tea? Do a google for Charleston, SC tea plantation. They are the only US tea plantation. I love it! If you go there, they give tours. They are now a division of, I believe, Bigelow tea, but you can still order directly from the plantation. I do not work for them and am not affiliated with them, just a satisfied customer. And it's grown right here in the US!

Tami

o

I am also a faithful Upton Tea customer.

o

Thank you all.

o

Another satisfied customer of Upton Teas!

o

Last fall my hubs and I made a trip to South Carolina. Had a great time! We found the Charleston Tea Plantation and bought a lot of tea there. Wonderful! They cut their own tea and sell it. So fresh. If we don't go back, I'll order it online from the source.

Here is a link that might be useful: Charleston Tea Plantation

o

I have to confess that I am a black tea addict. I drink 12+ cups every day and want it to be "real thing".
I tried many online places and by far the best for me is Tea Gschwender. This is a very well known European tea shop. It has its representation in NY and some other places here in US. If you order from them once, you get on their mailing list. This way you can wait util they get free shipping promotion deal and order. This is what I usually do. Not the cheapest place, but some deals are quite good, selection is excellent and quality is very good and shipping is very fast (2-3 days).
Olga

Here is a link that might be useful: Tea Gschwender

o

I read my post and realised that I sound like a sales person for TG. I am not connected to them in any way, just passionate about my tea :)
Olga

o

No worries, Olga! I'm pretty crazy about teas myself. A tea plantation- how fun does that sound?! You've all provided me with great links.

o

I also recommend Upton Tea (uptontea.com) and have used them for years. Atlantic Spice Company (atlanticspicecom) also has very reasonable prices on bulk teas as well as spices.

Both Upton and Atlantic are VERY reliable.

o

Yet another long time customer of Upton Tea. Huge selection, very reasonable prices, great customer service, reasonable shipping.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here