SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Pizza party for 20+ people

Lars
9 years ago

Kevin and I are having an Open House party this Saturday to celebrate being in our house for five years (our real anniversary was earlier this month), and I have decided to cook pizzas on the BGE, which has its own pizza stone. This way I can have something dramatic outdoors and not heat up the kitchen. Even though we have new countertops, the kitchen is NOT a good place for entertaining, and I don't like having more than one or two other people in the kitchen with me. BTW, if you are in Los Angeles, you are invited to this party - email me for directions, if you do not know where my house is.

I am wondering what I should put on the pizzas - I don't want them to be soggy. Is smoked chicken a good idea? We just smoked a chicken and some Italian turkey sausage, to have on hand.

I am planning to make the dough the night before and store it in the fridge and then make the pizzas the next morning. I have four 15"-16" pizza screens, and so I am hoping that will be enough - I really do not know how many people will show up. We bought a new refrigerator for the garage that is freezerless so that we will have plenty of fridge space, but right now it is full of beer. I guess we should move the beer to a cooler to make space. I'm not sure how I should store the pizzas after I get the dough onto the screens - I do not want to be doing this task during the party. What would happen if I just left them at room (or garage) temperature? Should I just leave the divided dough in the fridge until I am ready to make the pizzas? I'm thinking now that that might be a better idea.

I've already made the strawberry ice cream and dips, but since it is an afternoon party (2 PM on), I don't think people should want to be eating that much, but if I put food in front of them, I'm sure they will eat.

There might be some children at the party as well.

We're putting up extra shade for the yard - we have a large blue canopy and a large umbrella, and I hope that will be enough. If not, I can offer parasols or hats, I suppose.

For drinks, we have a soda machine, although now I think we should have some canned soda in one of the coolers - we have three ice chests that we can use - large, medium, and small. I am still in the planning stage, it seems, and yet it is only two days away!

Lars

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21