SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Beverly's parmesan sage crusted pork

rob333 (zone 7b)
13 years ago

I have to tell you, these are so good! I haven't been able to use an oven for a month (no A/C from the flood), but I got so desperate to have "real" food, I decided to try them on the grill. Awesome, truly decadent. The grill cooked the outside to a crunchy crust. And still succulent on the inside. Even I couldn't screw it up. Great recipe Beverly!

:)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by marigene (My Page) on Fri, Sep 26, 08 at 13:06

Here is my favorite way to prepare pork chops. They always have come out very tender and juicy. The recipe was originally posted by Beverly.

Baked Pork Chops with Parmesan-Sage Crust Recipe

Makes 4 servings.

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2cups fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless french bread

1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)

1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage

1 teaspoon grated lemon peel

2 large eggs

1/4 cup all purpose flour

4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (each about 1 inch thick)2tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter

2 tablespoons olive oil

lemon wedges (optional)

orange wedges (optional)

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, sage and lemon peel in pie dish. Whisk eggs in medium bowl to blend. Place flour on plate; season generously with salt and pepper. Coat pork chops on both sides with flour; shake off excess. Dip chops into eggs, then coat on both sides with breadcrumb mixture.

Melt butter with oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops to skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer skillet with pork to oven. Bake until pork chops are crisp on the outside and meat thermometer inserted into pork registers 150°F, about 20 minutes.

Transfer pork chops to plates. Garnish with lemon wedges and orange wedges, if desired, and serve.

Comments (2)