SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellsmom

Anyone familiar with Weisenberger Mill in Midway, KY?

bellsmom
10 years ago

Today at the local farmer's market (in New Albany, IN), I talked quite a while to a charming young woman with a wonderful array of breads for sale. She was especially proud of her challah, which I did not buy this time because the loaves were HUGE and my freezer is full. I did buy two other loaves, though--a sweetish cinnamon raisen that made delicious toast for my late breakfast, and a paleo bread that looks interesting.

She said she buys her flour and other grains at Weisenberger Mill in Midway KY, which is about an hour from me. I had totally forgotten about it.

Is anyone here familiar with them? What is good? The lady in the market (I didn't get her name--will do so next week) recommended the bread flour and the grits, which she said are wonderful.
I would appreciate any input before I head south some time next week for a visit.

(Edited to add this link to a utube video of the mill in operation. I don't know how to post a second direct link, so you will have to copy and paste this one into your browser if you want to watch it. I found it interesting.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVel--0NSZ8)
Sandra

Here is a link that might be useful: The website for Weisenberger Mill.

This post was edited by Bellsmom on Sun, Jun 30, 13 at 15:33

Comments (2)