Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
National Donut Day

Posted by grainlady (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 10:45

In honor of the day I made a recipe of Chocolate Donuts found at the link below. A nice gluten-free recipe I made in my mini-donut maker and dusted them with powdered Swerve (taste a little like a brownie). The recipe makes 6 donuts, but in the mini-donut maker I made 18.

-grainlady

Here is a link that might be useful: Cut the Wheat, Ditch the Sugar

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: National Donut Day

I need a donut like I need a hole in my head. :-)

But I will go get a few in honor of National Donut Day.

dcarch

o

Mmmmmmm......................donuts

They deserve a day

o

Thank goodness the Krispy Kreme donut shop closed next to my gym! Every time I finished a workout and would go to the car...the Krispy Kreme Hot Light would be flashing (indicating they were just out of the oven) and I couldn't resist.

o

I gave blood this a.m. and they were saying that it was free donut day at dunkin' donuts, so I went, but found I had to buy a beverage. I didn't need the beverage and DH didn't need the donut so I passed. I haven't had a donut in about 4-5 years. It has so little nutritive value...all saturated fat and sugar.

o

Yes, indeed, all saturated fat and sugar, I love 'em. I don't have them often but VanBrocklin's Bakery in Big Rapids was voted one of the 10 best donuts in Michigan by MLive readers, so I got a bear claw.

Yes, I know, not really a donut, but they're really, really, good.

Annie

o

Annie - there's a place here called Fleming's Donut Shack that makes an incredible apple fritter. Yeasty, gooey, fried goodness. Sounds like your bear claw. Doesn't need a hole in the middle lol.

seagrass

o

Some days we need saturated fat and sugar, and nothing else will do!

We don't need much, just one doughnut's worth.

Maybe just a sugar raised donut from Dunkin' Donuts once a year.

o

Seagrass, I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I don't want a hole in the middle of those, they're so good I want every last bit!

Apple fritters are good too...

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here