Houzz Logo Print
mxyplx

How to Cut a Wedding Cake

mxyplx
9 years ago

Married 40 Years Today
or
How I Cut The Wedding Cake

1. I got married (at my request, her instigation) to a gorgeous lucious vivacious curly
haired 113 lb (down from 118 for the wedding) chick (woman) that I couldn't keep my hands off of and vice versa (something about dropping a hat) with 3 teen age kids from a previous marriage (they approved), 2 sisters, 4 brothers, a huge extended family and who was extremely popular and had a million friends the vast majority of all of the above whom I had never met.

2. Attending the reception (required) I sought courage, comfort, solace and refuge in liquid sustenance (badly needed).

3. Time to cut the cake: I stepped up to the plate (cake) and observed (sensed) that it was non-linear (circular). Hmmm. How to proceed? I asked how many people were in attendance. "About 40." Hmmm again. Ah, the solution. Circular cake is 360 degrees. Divided by 40 people is 9 degrees per person. What could be simpler? But! How to gage 9 degrees? Easy!

I layed off 90 degrees then took half of that = 45 degrees and half again is 22.5 degrees. Now half of that is 11.25 degrees so I squeezed the knife over just a tad more, called it 9 degrees (to a first approximation), and whacked off about 35 degrees of cake and asked, "How's that?"

4. Somebody grabbed the knife and said, "Maybe I'd better help."

Comments (9)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor