SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pat_t_gw

Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake

pat_t
14 years ago

This recipe may have already been posted here before, and if so, I apologize in advance.

I got this recipe from another board I'm a member of. My interest was piqued so I made it yesterday afternoon. Mom and I couldn't wait for it to cool off, so we grabbed 2 forks and started eating it right out of the pan! Folks, I gotta tell ya, it is to die for!

PEANUT BUTTER TEXAS SHEET CAKE

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 cups sugar

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 cup water

3/4 cup butter or margarine

1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (may use creamy if you prefer)

1/4 cup vegetable oil

2 eggs

1/2 cup buttermilk

1 tsp. vanilla extract

GLAZE:

2/3 cup sugar

1/3 cup evaporated milk

1 Tblsp. butter or margarine

1/3 cup chunky peanut butter (may use creamy if you prefer)

1/2 cup miniature marshmallows

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil; stir in peanut butter and oil until blended. Add to dry ingredients; mix well. Combine eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; add to peanut butter mixture. Mix well.

Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° F. 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

Meanwhile, combine sugar, milk and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the peanut butter, marshmallows and vanilla until marshmallows are melted. Spoon over warm cake and carefully spread over the top. Cool completely.

Recipe from Paula Anderson at MimiÂs Cyber-Kitchen.

**My notes: I made this in a 9 x 13 pan and baked it for 35 minutes.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio