SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooz_gw

Church Bake Sale 2014

sooz
9 years ago

Our church bake sale is this weekend, and instead of making my usual 80 + items, I scaled it back (I'm recovering from a bit of surgery). The only smaller items I made in bulk were 35 snack bags using different kinds of popcorn with regular and peanut M&Ms, peanuts, and pretzels.

Instead of making individually-wrapped chocolate dipped pretzel rods rolled in different things as I had in the past, I made some candy that was white chocolate honey roasted peanut clusters with Himalayan sea salt sprinkled over them. YUM!

I also made a couple of 8" x 8" aluminum pans of "doctored up" boxed cake mixes, like spice cake, triple chocolate cake, lemon cake, and sour cream raspberry cake, and two pans of scratch-made brownies with homemade ganache.

Since so many people are allergic or sensitive to things, I made a couple of LARGE signs on bright orange paper that said:
NOTE & WARNING:
...MAY CONTAIN PEANUTS, CHOCOLATE, EGGS, WHEAT PRODUCTS and OTHER ITEMS THAT MAY CAUSE AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO SENSITIVE & OTHER INDIVIDUALS.
EAT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

AnnieD's post about perhaps serving rocks to people with dietary issues (on her thread about alternative to pie crust) sure made me smile, and nod my head in understanding!

My friend who organizes this every year commented that we didn't get as many baked goods as were expected and volunteered. She's going to call me later today and let me know how we did with the sales.

Smiles,
Sooz

Comments (6)