SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print

I had to scuffle a quick lunch. I was thinking of trying out Ann_tâÂÂs potato waffle.

Ann_t, âÂÂ------So I par boiled two Russet potatoes, grated, seasoned with salt, pepper, chives, cheddar cheese, melted butter, and two egg yolks. Beat and folded the two egg whites into the mix.----âÂÂ

That was a little too involve for me for a quick lunch. Instead, this was what I did:

I had a few leftover baked potatoes in the refrigerator, I just squashed them into chunks, and spread them randomly on the waffle iron. Threw in some seasoning and some fresh dill from the garden. Then I tossed a few strips of bacon right on top of the chucks of potatoes and closed the waffle iron. As the waffle iron was cooking I pressed down to compress everything inside.

It didnâÂÂt take long and the potato waffle was done.

You know how wonderful it is to fry potatoes in bacon fat? Well this method was interesting. The waffle iron baked the bacon and the fat rendered from the bacon fried the potatoes, all was done at the same time. The bacon was done crispy just right, as well as the potatoes.

With some home-smoked salmon, and some avocado on the side, it was a flavorful, respectable, and novel waffle lunch.

dcarch

Comments (9)