SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamhouse1_gw

Teen Pool Party Menu

dreamhouse1
15 years ago

Ok, ya'll were so much help with the dumplings, I know this will be an easy challenge...

My eldest daughter turns 13 this month (ugh)...we are having an evening pool party and playing our version of Deal or No Deal, she is inviting about 50 kids.

The problem, what to serve? DH voted having our local Mexican restaraunt cater, she doesn't want that; he doesn't want to have to grill burgers & dogs for so many (can't blame him).

She has now requested what she calls 'pool' food..??? Which translates, to grab and go food, basically...finger sandwiches, fruit.

Ok, my question IS, how do I make that interesting, festive....fun? It sounds a bit boring, doesn't it? The party will cover dinner time, so I think I need to have substantial food, not just appetizer like foods. Anyone have a recipe for like some kind of chicken on a skewer or something that would be considered 'dinner'? If I can make it ahead of time would really be helpful...I don't want to miss the party!

Oh, and what about amounts? Anyone fed fifty 13 year olds at once before? (boys & girls...ugh again)

I am open (and counting on!) to all your great ideas.

Thanks (again) in advance.

tp

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus