Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Smokysalmonsammies

Posted by dcarch (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 17:56

I think it was Jeri who asked about my smoked salmon sandwiches for Mother’s Day.

Home cold smoked salmon, home cold smoked cream cheese on store bought puffed pastry.

The puffed pastry made the sandwiches special.

dcarch

photo smokedsalmoncuttingboard3_zpsdf0628c5.jpg

photo smokedsalmonpuffpastry_zpsd2897533.jpg

photo Smokedsalmonpuffpastry2_zps28d5d209.jpg

This post was edited by dcarch on Tue, May 7, 13 at 20:13

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Smokysalmonsammies

OMG! they look divine. What's not to love...salmon, cream cheese and puff pastry. My favorite foods.

o

Brilliant idea for a dinner party starter!

o

How does he come up with these things??

o

Never a dull moment in your kitchen! I bet you could get a picky kid to eat anything disguised in a puff pastry fish!

o

Home cold smoked salmon and cream cheese and it's the store bought puff pastry that made it special? I don't think so! The fish themselves reminded me of Lou - looks like something he would have come up with!

o

That's funny!! I thought of Lou when I looked at Dc's fish plank - AND when I was reading the wedding food thread!

Lou - if you are reading this I hope all is well with you!

Teresa

o

Thank you everyone. It was fun making the smoked salmon sandwiches. So easy to make.

FOAS, the puff pastry is so light and airy, it let the creamy soft texture of the smoked salmon to be enjoyed. You should try it sometime.

Isn't it interesting?! I was thinking of Lou also when I was making the fish shaped cutting board. I thought Lou would have done a much better job. He is so masterful in sculpting nature.

dcarch

o

I think they look tasty and pretty. I am a fan of yours dc, but some of your creations don't look mouth watering ...I think it's that black garlic squiggle ...makes me think of snakes or worms...
Anyway, THESE look good to eat. FOAS, let's assume he used dacor puff pasty!

o

I wasn't dissing store bought puff pastry - I've got at least one box in the freezer - I simply meant it didn't seem the special part of the dish when compared to the home-smoked salmon and cream cheese.

BB- What's dacor puff pastry? I googled but gave up after pages of references to the appliance brand.

o

Ahh, sorry! My typo! It's dufour! It's an all butter puff pastry unlike the more commonly used Pepperidge Farms. Whole Foods carries it here.

o

Thanks! I'm glad I asked. I've made minor attempts in the past to find an all butter brand without success... Now I know where to go!

o

Those are so cute. Going to have try that next time I make salmon sandwiches. Thanks!

o

Can i be your Mom?!?

o

These look amazing and I bet they taste even better!

Jeri

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here