SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcarch7

Smokysalmonsammies

I think it was Jeri who asked about my smoked salmon sandwiches for MotherâÂÂs Day.

Home cold smoked salmon, home cold smoked cream cheese on store bought puffed pastry.

The puffed pastry made the sandwiches special.

dcarch

This post was edited by dcarch on Tue, May 7, 13 at 20:13

Comments (14)

• pkramer60
    10 years ago

OMG! they look divine. What's not to love...salmon, cream cheese and puff pastry. My favorite foods.

• Islay_Corbel
    10 years ago

Brilliant idea for a dinner party starter!

• mustangs81
    10 years ago

How does he come up with these things??

• Teresa_MN
    10 years ago

Never a dull moment in your kitchen! I bet you could get a picky kid to eat anything disguised in a puff pastry fish!

• foodonastump
    10 years ago

Home cold smoked salmon and cream cheese and it's the store bought puff pastry that made it special? I don't think so! The fish themselves reminded me of Lou - looks like something he would have come up with!

• Teresa_MN
    10 years ago

That's funny!! I thought of Lou when I looked at Dc's fish plank - AND when I was reading the wedding food thread!

Lou - if you are reading this I hope all is well with you!

Teresa

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone. It was fun making the smoked salmon sandwiches. So easy to make.

FOAS, the puff pastry is so light and airy, it let the creamy soft texture of the smoked salmon to be enjoyed. You should try it sometime.

Isn't it interesting?! I was thinking of Lou also when I was making the fish shaped cutting board. I thought Lou would have done a much better job. He is so masterful in sculpting nature.

dcarch

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    10 years ago

I think they look tasty and pretty. I am a fan of yours dc, but some of your creations don't look mouth watering ...I think it's that black garlic squiggle ...makes me think of snakes or worms...
    Anyway, THESE look good to eat. FOAS, let's assume he used dacor puff pasty!

• foodonastump
    10 years ago

I wasn't dissing store bought puff pastry - I've got at least one box in the freezer - I simply meant it didn't seem the special part of the dish when compared to the home-smoked salmon and cream cheese.

BB- What's dacor puff pastry? I googled but gave up after pages of references to the appliance brand.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    10 years ago

Ahh, sorry! My typo! It's dufour! It's an all butter puff pastry unlike the more commonly used Pepperidge Farms. Whole Foods carries it here.

• foodonastump
    10 years ago

Thanks! I'm glad I asked. I've made minor attempts in the past to find an all butter brand without success... Now I know where to go!

• artsyshell
    10 years ago

Those are so cute. Going to have try that next time I make salmon sandwiches. Thanks!

• loves2cook4six
    10 years ago

Can i be your Mom?!?

• jeri
    10 years ago

These look amazing and I bet they taste even better!

Jeri