SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Make your own Pancake Mix?

plllog
9 years ago

The OT conversation in another thread reminded me: I love Kodiak Kakes pancake mix primarily because it's really good, but especially also because it's a complete mix. No adding fresh ingredients to be able to pretend you're cooking. That means that unlike from scratch, I'm not limited to making quantities in multiples of eggs (or worse, weigh out partial eggs). I can make a single pancake if it's just for me. It's a one to one ratio, water to mix.

Having just jumped on the mill it fresh bandwagon, however, I wonder if there's some way to make a similar mix at home. Though I guess it would have to stay in the freezer to remain fresh. Sigh.

My starter is just about ready to use, though, and I'd be happy to make a mix that's just add active starter...

Any suggestions?

Comments (17)

• grainlady_ks
    9 years ago

You should be able to come up with a mix that includes powdered milk (OR powdered buttermilk OR powdered sour cream) and powdered eggs along with freshly-milled flour, but it would definitely need to be used quickly and stored in the freezer (preferably vacuum-sealed). It will be safe to use, but freezing only slows down the nutrients from degrading and the wheat germ oil from going rancid - it doesn't prevent it. It may be something you mix together in a small amount when you have some freshly-milled flour leftover from making another recipe.

I would suggest using OvaEasy whole egg crystals - available in packets that have 12-eggs per packet at Amazon.com, so all you need to add is water to the mixture. OvaEasy egg crystals are also great when you need 1/2 an egg in a recipe. It's also perfectly okay to leave the egg/s out of pancakes. Add some flaxmeal or chia seeds (or chia seed meal) as an egg substitute.

If you can't find a recipe for a mix, perhaps you can convert your favorite pancake recipe and then divide it into single servings. I've seen low-carb recipes that make one pancake, but not using starter and usually using protein powder.

Before going gluten-free I concocted a multi-grain baking mix I called "Good-For-You Baking Mix" (a Bisquick substitute - which included spelt and white whole wheat flour, oatmeal, cornmeal, etc.) and would use it in a sourdough recipe that made 6 small pancakes or 4 small waffles. Unfortunately it's NOT a "just add water" recipe, but perhaps will provide you a new idea.

SOURDOUGH PANCAKES or WAFFLES

1/2 c. active sourdough starter
    1/2 c. milk (OR you can also use yogurt, kefir, buttermilk, sour cream or nut milk, or other milk substitute)
    1 egg
    1 T. fat (I use coconut oil.)
    1/2 c. Good-For-You Baking Mix
    1/2 t. baking soda

In a small bowl mix the baking mix and soda. In a small glass bowl, or a 2-cup glass measuring cup, mix milk and fat. Heat to take the chill off the ingredients (zap in the microwave for 30-seconds). Add the egg and mix well. Add the starter, mix again. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until batter is blended. Drop onto a preheated griddle, or bake in a waffle iron. This recipes makes 6 small pancakes or 4 small waffles.

I'll have to look through more files because there is probably a recipe I just don't recall having. \-Grainlady
  • plllog
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow! Thanks, Grainlady, I had no idea such a plethora of preserved products existed until I looked for the egg crystals. I remember you mentioning them years ago, but seeing the packages is revelatory. Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't have them! They have 96 serving canisters in six packs! I'd buy one or even a dozen of the packets of a dozen eggs you described, but I'm not out on the range with a chuckwagon!

Still, I'm sure the mix I like has done something similar to the eggs, though they might dry the batter to assure good distribution.

I don't mind scratch if I can make the right amount. I could figure out a recipe and just measure out on the day. It's the partial egg thing that I was balking at. I like playing with flour (though in the last day, feeding my starter every eight hours or so, making peazza dough, and two pies, and I've about had it with cleaning the counters and all the gluey bowls and stuff). I hate playing with eggs. I like what eggs do in my baking and I think I'd miss them with flax or chia substitute, but if the egg crystals work just like real eggs, I could deal with that.

Your good for you sourdough pancakes/waffles sounds good. Yes, that's a great guideline for trying sourdough. I've been collecting guide recipes, and I sure trust yours more than many! The pizza adventure I've told you about is the first I've really messed with yeast dough recipes. I usually have just followed them as written. (Whereas I can throw together a cake with no reference and lots of creative ingredients.) The one exception I can think of was a poppy seed yeast cake, based on a coffee can cake from Joy, I sort of winged it over to salvage a whole lot of poppy seeds that didn't work for a recipe. The cake was too heavy, but it made the most wonderful, irreproducible bread pudding, half and half with stale challah.

In scouring my bread books just to make some rolls, I came to the conclusion that the authors want disciples. There is lots of method info (which I've read through before), but not just a plain ol' recipe I can crib proportions off of. :) I finally did find one to start with when I'm sure my starter is stable. And now I have your pancake/waffle recipe to work from too. It's so much easier when the only variable is the intended one. :)

• Related Discussions

What soil mix for cannas, when you make your own?

Q

Comments (2)
    This year, I planted in large black plastic containers with a 50%/50% mix of MG potting soil and compost. They thrived in that. I added organic matter periodically (coffee grinds, coco bean mulch, etc.) and fertilized once a month. I also interplanted with Lysmachia ('Creeping Jenny' & 'Jungle Green') to cover the black pots and act as a natural mulch. Seemed to help retain the water quite a bit.
    ...See More

Making mixes froom your own dried herbs.

Q

Comments (4)
    Thanks for the Boursin Cheese spread recipe. I did post on the Herbs Forum hoping to get recipes/proportions for using DRIED herbs to make mixes.. Eventually I did get one but thought you might appreciate what started me on this quest. This what P Allen Smith had to say about herbes de Provence: "Herbes de Provence is an essential ingredient in my summer kitchen. The flavor is a natural fit with so many of the dishes of the season. Mixed with olive oil, Herbes de Provence is perfect for roasted chicken or potatoes. I love to sprinkle it over homegrown tomatoes with salt, pepper and a little feta cheese. This herb blend originates in Provence, France, down in the southwest near Italy. It is an assortment of herbs that reflect the traditional, native herbs commonly used by cooks from this region. Common herbs are thyme, fennel, sage, summer savory, rosemary, coriander, basil, anise, mint and tarragon. Lavender is sometimes added to the blend, especially here in the U.S. Traditional cooks in the region don't have a "mix". Instead they use the herbs as needed to suit their tastes. Spice wholesalers are responsible for the dried blends commonly found in stores. You can easily prepare Herbes de Provence with the herbs growing in your garden. During the summer months use them fresh as a bouquet garni for soup or stew. The traditional French bouquet garni is a small "bundle" of herbs tied together with cotton string or put into a sachet or tea strainer and added to the recipe. This method makes the removal of the herbs much easier before serving the dish. It is usually comprised of parsley, thyme and a bay leaf but you won't stray from tradition if you just use what you prefer. Herbes de Provence are also delicious chopped and sprinkled over any number of fresh veggies. Be sure to prepare a dried blend at the end of the growing season to use during fall and winter. My Herbes de Provence recipe includes sweet marjoram, thyme, sweet basil, rosemary and lavender. In addition to tasting great, these herbs are some of the easiest to grow." I hope this information is helpful to those who have not used herbes de Provence. Also, I had visions of using the dried mixes for gifts as well as for my own use. jude
    ...See More

Making your own potting mix --- a question about acidity and lime

Q

Comments (5)
    Hi lightning....according to David Liddle, most hoyas grow in a somewhat acidic medium. However, you're right, the eriostemmas seem to grow and bloom much better with lime added to the potting medium. Many growers, myself included, add pellitized lime to the potting medium...and use this for all plants. You may wish to also add charcoal to your mix....lime and charcoal are commonly added...it prevents the mix from getting "sour". Just be careful to not over do it. You can either mix it into the mix, or sprinkle a teaspoon on the surface of a 6-inch pot. Some people have tremendously great results doing this, however, I haven't really noticed a difference so far. Hope this helps. Fondly, Patrick
    ...See More

Tortillas - where do yours come from - do you make your own?

Q

Comments (23)
    Oops! I seem to have forgotten that I started this thread, but the responses have been very helpful. I think I will definitely to go El Camaguey and buy a tortilla press, although I don't think it has a stainless steel surface like Ann's, which would be nice. I do keep dry masa on hand, but I also keep fresh masa in the freezer - for making what I thought were empanadas, but which are probably quesadillas, at least as they are made in Mexico, and deep fried. As for flour tortillas, since I've found the whole grain tortillas in the market, I probably won't be making too many of those again, although I might want to experiment with some of the whole grain flours I have. I don't especially like tortillas made with all white flour, and corn tortillas are my favorite. When I first visited Vancouver for a long visit (1978 or so), I was shocked that I could not find fresh corn tortillas in the grocery stores (I did find frozen ones, but did not consider that acceptable). At that time, I practically lived on soft tacos (that I made myself, often with tofu), and so I had to make an adjustment. I think I bought some whole wheat crackers instead. I think I will try to find some Hispanic markets, although there aren't any in my immediate neighborhood. There are some in neighboring Mar Vista (where Scott lives), which is less than 2 miles from here. There are several places to buy fresh tamales, but they don't sell tortillas. Anyway, I think I will keep looking and also get the tortilla press. Lars
    ...See More
  • annie1992
    9 years ago

I use this one, but it does have an egg:

Multigrain Pancake Mix
    Yields enough for about 4 batches of pancakes
    2 cups white whole wheat flour
    1 1/2 cups pumpernickel flour (whole rye flour)
    1 1/2 cups ground oats (simply blend old fashioned rolled oats in the food processor)
    1/2 cup ground flax
    1/2 cup wheat germ
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup baking powder
    2 teaspoons salt

Combine all of the mix ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Whisk well, breaking up any lumps of brown sugar. Transfer to an airtight container.

Multigrain Pancakes
    (Makes about 6 large pancakes)
    1 1/2 cups of multigrain pancake mix (above)
    1 cup milk
    1 egg
    2 tablespoons oil (or melted butter)
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 ��" 2 tablespoons butter (for the skillet)

Place the pancake mix in a mixing bowl. Whisk together the milk, egg, oil, and vanilla in a liquid measuring cup. Pour into the pancake mix, and gently stir to combine. The batter may be a bit lumpy. If itâÂÂs too thick, add just a bit more milk.

Preheat a skillet and melt the butter. Cook the pancakes in the skillet for a few minutes on each side, flipping when air bubbles start to appear on the surface of the batter.

I have had acceptable (to me, anyway) results by subbing 1/4 cup of applesauce for the egg, I think the ground flax in the mix helps and the applesauce adds a good flavor note.

Annie

• plllog
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Annie. This doesn't quite make the whip up one pancake test, but they sound good! I've made whole wheat pancakes for years, but haven't done multi-grain yet. This is going to be fun. :)

• grainlady_ks
    9 years ago

plllog-

I knew there would be a recipe if I looked hard enough:

From "Mix-A-Meal Cookbook" Mixes & Recipes by Deanna Bean & Lorna Shute. The recipes in this book use powdered eggs, powdered shortening or butter, powdered milk/buttermilk, etc. The recipes were designed to be used with home food storage products.

PANCAKES AND WAFFLES MIX
    The recipe is for the Mini-Mix and amounts for the larger recipe are in (----).

Combine:
    1 c. white or whole wheat flour (8 c.) [Grainlady note: I'm sure you can use a variety of grain flours.]
    1-1/2 T. dehydrated shortening [Grainlady note: or dehydrated butter powder] (3/4 c.)
    1-1/2 T. powdered milk (3/4 c.)
    1-1/2 T. brown or white sugar (3/4 c.)
    1 T. dehydrated whole egg (2/3 c.)
    1 t. baking powder (1/3 c.)
    1/8 t. salt (1 scant T.)

To make six 4-inch pancakes:
    1 scant cup of mix
    1 c. water

Mix together and let stand a minute. Cook on a hot, oiled griddle.

So for one pancake use a scant 1/4 c. mix and 1/4 c. water.

FYI: Regular powdered eggs measure differently than OvaEasy. Regular Powdered Eggs: 1 medium egg \= 1 T. dry powdered egg + 2 T. water 1 large egg \= 1\-1/2 T. dry powdered egg + 3 T. water 1 extra\-large egg \= 2 T. dry powdered egg + 1/4 c. water OvaEasy Eggs: 2 parts OvaEasy powder to 3 parts water 1\-egg \= 2 T. egg crystals to 3 T. water 2\-eggs \= 4 T. egg crystals to 6 T. water I purchase OvaEasy Whole Egg Crystals in \#10 cans which contains 6 of the 4.5\-oz. packets/bags (each bag equals approx. 12\-eggs). These are great for people who camp or elderly people who have a hard time using a dozen eggs in a timely manner, or for making your own mixes (cake mixes, cornbread mix, etc.) and convenience foods. They are part of our home food storage and generally get used in the winter when fresh shell egg prices are high. I used to purchase regular powdered whole eggs, but the OvaEasy product is superior to those in every way \- flavor, don't require sifting first, longer storage life, and well worth the extra expense. I've even make "hard cooked eggs" using the reconstituted eggs and cooking them in "Eggies" (plastic containers that are used to make hard boiled eggs without the shell). One thing you miss when using powdered eggs are all the things you use hard cooked eggs for. The all\-yellow hard cooked OvaEasy eggs can be used for egg salad, potato salad, or sliced or grated like you would any hard cooked egg. \-Grainlady
  • barryv_gw
    9 years ago

I usually make up a large batch - ( 5 cups of flour for last nights batch ) of all the dry ingredients, including home ground soft white wheat, then store in the freezer and then use it as needed, it keeps fine. On baking day, I mix some buttermilk and an egg ( sorry I do use the egg) and then add 1 cup of dry mix per cup of buttermilk. I agree there is a problem if you wanted to make 1/2 cup ( or 1 1/2 cup of mix) in getting the egg ratio right, but I just make it in whole cups.

• plllog
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow! Grainlady, thanks so much for looking that up. I could do from a scratch recipe, but it saves a lot of trial and error to start from something meant for the ingredients. I'll look at the backpacking store for the eggs and butter in smaller quantities. I'm definitely interested in the OvaEasy. I could have done this a long time ago with old fashioned powdered eggs, but ugh. I remember them and the milk from trail rides as a kid. Ugh. Advances in food technology are a great thing! Your hard boiled version has really sold me that these are actual eggs. :)

Thanks, Barry, for the guidelines. I don't think I'd use it for pancakes, but there are other kinds of things it might be fun to make mixes for now that I'm doing the milling. ;) Now to find freezer space!

• annie1992
    9 years ago

pllog, I tend not to be very particular about measuring and such.

I'd take enough of the mix to make a pancake or two, add a drop of oil (or maybe not) enough milk to get a consistency you like. Ignore the egg. Throw in a handful of dried cranberries or pecans or a spoonful of that leftover applesauce or half a banana left from yesterday, if it suits you, whatever. Leftover yogurt would work well too, I think and I don't see any reason you couldn't omit the baking powder and use your starter.

Mix and cook. (shrug) I'm betting it will be fine and will not be filled with the preservatives and chemicals found in most commercial mixes.

Don't discount savory pancakes either, I like them as well. Add some grated carrot or cheese of your choice, or herbs and black pepper, whatever.

My grandmother taught me to cook and she was mostly a dump and stir kind of cook. My Dad used to say she could make a good meal out of nothing at all.

So, what's the harm? Scoop a bit into a bowl, add some milk or whatever and cook it. If it's horrible, give it to the birds or add it to the compost pile. If not, add toppings of your choice and eat it!

Annie

• plllog
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Annie, I'll try that! Thanks for the mix-in ideas too. I usually do unadulterated, but while I'm experimenting, I might as well go all out. :) Especially the carrot and black pepper. :) That sounds good! I make dessert cakes that way, and pizzas. Just scrounge around for stuff. People tell me I cook like on Chopped, but I don't! There isn't anything that I must use. Though, I did get guff here years ago for advocating fusion foods. I figure if it tastes good, it goes together no matter where it was born. :)

I have to speak up for Kodiak Cakes, however. They pride themselves on being a frontier style "flapjack" mix, made the old way, and the only chemicals are the baking powder. (Ingredients: 100% whole grain wheat flour, 100% whole grain oat flour, non-fat dry milk, dried honey (honey, wheat starch), leavening (sodium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate), egg whites, sea salt.) The only thing different from scratch (other than the "dried" part) is the wheat starch, which is a fine baking product. One of the things I've always liked about this mix is that the cakes are very light. I don't care for the kind of greasy pancakes where you pour the melted butter from the griddle into the batter. The only thing imperfect about them is the nutrition lost through age. I always made pancakes from scratch and suffered with the multiples of egg issue before I found this mix about five years ago.

• grainlady_ks
    9 years ago

If you are trying to duplicate Kodiac Cakes, I order Honey Powder from Augason Farms (see link below). The wheat starch is probably in the Kodiac Cakes as an anticaking agent, but it's also a thickener. I would use hi-maize resistant starch instead of wheat starch - which is a high-fiber option you can order from King Arthur Flour - I purchase it in 5# bags from Honeyville Grain (http://shop.honeyville.com/hi-maize-resistant-starch.html).

You can order OvaEasy Egg White Crystals or use Just Whites egg white powder, since the mix doesn't use whole powdered eggs.

Have you looked for a Copy-Cat recipe for Kodiak Cakes?

-Grainlady

Here is a link that might be useful: Augason Farms - Honey Powder

• plllog
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for all the info, Grainlady. I haven't looked for a copycat recipe for Kodiak Cakes. They're very good, but just one kind of recipe. I actually prefer less sweet, with buttermilk or sour milk (I don't suppose they also make powdered sour milk?), but love that just add water part. :) I'm sure you're right that the starch in the egg was anti-caking, and it makes sense that it would do double duty as a thickener since there's no real fat.

I think with all the information y'all have given me, and the crystalized eggs, I should be able to come up with a scratch alternative. I'm bemused by the upside down world where milk and eggs hold their goodness in powdered form, but wheat doesn't. :) I mean, I know it's the same old world, but definitely a new to me way of looking at it!

JC

• grainlady_ks
    9 years ago

plllog-

It's all about the protective bran.... Once the bran is cracked, the germ oil quickly is attacked by oxygen and begins it's journey to becoming rancid and nutrients degrade. Whole wheatberries will store for decades while whole wheat flour begins to degrade within 3 hours of being milled (according to some sources). That's why wheat is the preferred storage product, not flour. Even bleached and unbleached flour only has a 6-12-month shelf-life.

Another reason for storing whole grains/beans/seeds is that you can plant them to make more, and you can sprout them (your little garden-in-a-jar) as a vital source for "fresh", enzyme-rich, food in an emergency situation.

You may like the "twang" of powdered yogurt or powdered sour cream instead of powdered milk in a recipe (or a mixture of them). When you practice home food storage, some of these "odd" ingredients find their way onto your shelves, first on a trial basis, then they are ingredients incorporated into your menus when you've worked with them awhile. In her book, "100-Day Pantry", Jan Jackson uses all kinds of powdered ingredients, and powdered sour cream is one of them that is key to her casserole type meals.

You need to switch your thinking to ingredients they would use in the commercial mix world. I've tried any number of "odd" ingredients over the years for vacuum-sealed meals-in-a-jar and homemade "convenience" foods -- including powdered vinegar, powdered vanilla, cheese powder, powdered peanut butter, Ultra Gel (modified cornstarch), maple syrup powder, powdered honey, Worcestershire powder, powdered dried mushrooms, powdered lemon/lime/orange, and my favorite pantry staple of all times - tomato powder..... Read the fine print on ingredient lists and you'll start to see many of these dried foods being used commercially.

Add to that freeze-dried fruits and vegetables, and you have a whole new world of options...... :-) Check the library for books, as well as on-line sources, intended for home food storage because they are full of homemade mix recipes.

-Grainlady

• plllog
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the lowdown. :) I knew, of course, the why's of it regarding the whole wheat. The three hour thing may be true scientifically, but I milled enough flour for the day (to soak for my bread, and to feed the starter a couple of times). My first encounter with rancid flour was four years ago, after my three month kitchen remodel ended up taking more like ten. My canisters are airtight, so when I opened them, I could clearly smell that my flours were rancid.

Milling is fun enough to stick with. :) I got big bags of the wheat I liked for the Pizza. If those prove consistent, I'll get more of this crop. I could measure out kits, but it's really not that hard to do on the fly. I just measure the red and white wheatberries in the same bowl and mill them together. This time, I also milled a scoop of peas and added a little water. I previously tried soaking the wheat alone, but it didn't come out right. It's much better to mix up the whole recipe, inc. ascorbic acid, and let it do it's thing for at least a day in the fridge. The peazza isn't green enough (I have to try all white wheat), but it tastes great!

I made my first home milled soft white wheat pastry the other day, for early peach pies. The butter crust with vinegar added was nice and flaky, though not the kind of long flakes that I'm assuming come from the bigger globule lard.

Do you know anything about duck fat? I have some that needs using up and I thought I might try it in pastry.

I get it about being able to plant the wheat. Opposite of when they ate their seed stores in the Little House books, because they ran out of food during the winter. :) It's just kind of remarkable that eggs and milk--the freshest things which are always kept cold--are so much more stable as powder than wheat. :)

If I can find small quantities, I might try some other of your powders. As it is, I use It's Delish (a kosher brand--very pure and inexpensive) dehydrated onions and mixed veg in wet quickies like omelettes and meatballs. They absorb the juices and add flavor when one doesn't want to spend an extra twenty minutes chopping and sweating little chips of veg.

So my honey has gone all crystalized. I zapped it enough to liquify enough for my bread, but it's mostly still a chunk. Is that something I can turn into a powder? Don't know that I would do it, but it would be interesting to know how.. For the mixes. ;)

• grainlady_ks
    9 years ago

1. Pastry is a mixture of tenderness and flakiness. Mix half of the cold fat with the flour until it is well incorporated. Mix the other half of the fat until there are some larger blobs of it remaining in the mixture. The first addition of flour coats the flour so water doesn't penetrate it and it doesn't develop the gluten - resulting in tenderness. The larger blobs of fat will be reduced to steam as the pastry bakes. The steam will raise the layers of the pastry to form the flakiness you desire.

2. We raised ducks and geese when I was a kid. Nothing better than potatoes and eggs fried in the rendered fat. Use it in any vegetables you are roasting, grease your casserole dishes with it, add it to fried cabbage, when roasting chickens - coat the skin in it.

3. Gently warm your jar of honey in a pan of hot water on low heat. Microwaving it just isn't going to work as well. Honey is another home storage food with a nearly indefinite storage life.

4. I've made "convenience" mixes since the late 70's as a way to save money and time when I had children still at home. Since going gluten-free, it's a whole new world.

5. I use a lot of dehydrated onions. In fact, I use a lot of different dehydrated (homemade and commercial) and freeze-dried foods.

-Grainlady

• plllog
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yeah, Grainlady, that's the basic way I've always made my pastry. As I said, my butter pastry came out well. I tried one with the cold pressed palm shortening, and it was a mess that melted before it was fully rolled. It had the same chemical taste as Crisco. They tout it for pies, but it was very sticky. It went from chilled disk to sticky moosh that was sort of like warm cookie dough before it was half rolled. I had to finish the pie, so I kind of just squished it into place, and it did become more pie like in the oven, but it's not something I'm trying again. I was looking for a better parve (non-dairy, non-meat) pie than Crisco. No dice.

Since you've been posting all these articles about why it's not so bad using animal fats, and since I can't serve butter pastry at a meat meal, I was contemplating trying duck fat (i.e, kosher lard) since I have some to use up. :) But you said what makes the lard so good is the size of the fat globules, and I wondered if duck fat would even work, or if it would liquify and run away. I'm hesitant to just experiment because it's too hot to bake (I won't turn on the ovens if the a/c is on--we keep the temperature high so if the a/c is on, it's really hot out). So I only have the late evenings for the oven.

Agreed that the bain marie will do a better job on the crystalized honey. I zapped it because I wanted to make the recipe without liquifying a whole quart of honey (the recipe turned out lousy, but that's another story). I asked about drying it because we talked about the dried honey in the Kodiak Cakes and I thought that would be great to be able to use if I could dry at home. Otherwise, it can sit, crystalized, in its lidded bowl (the carton died), until I need it.

• grainlady_ks
    9 years ago

I'm not sure what the size of the fat crystal is for goose fat compared to other fats, but that might be an interesting study sometime.

I assumed the honey was spray dried much like powdered milk or tomato powder, and that seems to be right. You'll find more information at the link below.

-Grainlady

Here is a link that might be useful: Honey Powder

• plllog
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cool! Thanks for finding out, Grainlady! Drying honey is definitely not a home project. :)

JC