Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A must read free Kindle book about cooking

Posted by nandina (My Page) on
Thu, May 24, 12 at 16:56

At the moment a book titled CHEFFIN' by
Brenden Cronin is on the free list. An excellent read. All about food, plenty of tips and cooking ideas. Stock the fridge before reading as your stomach will be grumbling.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A must read free Kindle book about cooking

Thanks....It's mine now....all mine!!!!!

o

Thanks! I will start reading tonight.

o

Thanks! I downloaded it to my computer.

o

I found it... but for 9.95 :-(

o

Me too. I don't see any 'borrow for free' label.

Bonnie

o

Sorry that the free opportunity to read this book is over. They come and go in a day or two. Do you all make a computer search daily for ...ereaderiq....? This is where to find the free books. Click on the word "stars" and only the five star books will appear.

o

Thanks for the heads up, Nandina. I do get daily emails from several sites with free books, but passed this one by because I didn't think it sounded interesting. But I downloaded it on your recommendation. However, I had already trashed the email, so just went to Amazon and under the "Books" heading, typed in the name. The Kindle version did not come up as free. Then I went to the Kindle store and typed in the book name. This time it came up as free and I snagged it. Just thought I'd share. Don't know why the discrepancy, but make sure you check under the Kindle Store heading, not just books.

And sometimes free books aren't even free for a whole day. Sometimes it's just hours. Gotta jump!

o

Here's a site with some free books. Some are cookbooks, others novels. I downloaded the ones I wanted, and they are still up, and free.

Here is a link that might be useful: Free E-Books

o

Thanks, I downloaded it to my iPad free yesterday. I really appreciated that you let us know. It will be great for reading on our trip to Oregon in a week.

Lee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here