SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

Buns and roses :)

User
10 years ago

I been baking a lot. Trying to clear out stuff as we will be gone from home for 2 months ! Here are 2 versions of sourdough buns. I use no commercial yeast. Both contain only whey from my kefir for the liquid. One version also contains the kefir cheese as well. The other version has potatoes/kefir cheese/whey as well as a Tang Zhong ( this is a roux of whey and flour that you cook and add to your bread dough to enhance softness ). So here are some pics. My roses are amazing this time of year so we eat out in the gardens for our meals. Front and back are so pretty. Hope you enjoy ! c

before baking:

after:

contains tang zhong/whey /potatoes

contains just whey/kefir cheese

{{gwi:1521924}}

ham and cheese ...yum !

pool garden roses:

back garden rose campion ...a rose by any other name...

I also made a sourdough focaccia with whey and topped with New Orleans Central Grocery store's olive salad and kneaded in sun dried tomatoes. It was so yum...served with a conchiglie tutto giardino from Vegetarian Epicure..it is a fantastic recipe. Have been making it for many years.

Hope you enjoyed the pics ! If you are interested in the tang zhong etc you can check on The Fresh Loaf and see a lot of examples. My blog over there is also trailrunner. c

Comments (12)