Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rice Crispy Treats with peanut butter and chocolate

Posted by happygram (My Page) on
Mon, May 14, 12 at 14:30

After searching the forum and google, I can't find the recipe for rice crispy treats with a layer of peanut butter on top and then a chocolate layer on top of the peanut butter. I saw these and wanted to make them, but the only recipes I found are for peanut butter mixed into the rice crispies. I'd like these decadent bars to have three separate layers; rice crispies, peanut butter, and chocolate

Does anyone have these? Thanks in advance for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rice Crispy Treats with peanut butter and chocolate

Try the link to the Rice Krispie treat page. There are numerous ways to make them including the pictured one with chocolate, peanut butter and butterscotch.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rice Krispy treats in a myriad of ways

o

Actually, the Kellogg page was the first place I went, but they don't have the recipe I've eaten...somewhere! This is what I'm trying to duplicate:

The bottom layer is the crispies; the second layer is peanut butter; and the top layer is chocolate. There wasn't any butterscotch in them and the peanut butter wasn't mixed with the rice crispies. The crispies also weren't chocolate.

This should be something I could figure out how to do, but I'm out of ideas.

I wish I could remember who made them!

o

I want some - sounds like a reese's pb cup crispy. All good!

o

Happygram - did you take the time to read through all the recipes at the link? I was not suggesting the butterscotch one was the recipe you were looking for - just that there were many recipes to choose from.

o

I would probably make a thin layer of normal rice krispies treats, then put on a layer of Buckeye filling, chill, and then top with melted chocolate. I would also cool at room temp and score the chocolate before chilling completely. Good luck and let us know if you find it!

Alexa

Here is a link that might be useful: Buckeye candy

o

Maybe they melted peanut butter chips and after it had set up, added the chocolate.

o

I think a layer of peanut butter cookie dough would be great on there, but you can just take powdered sugar and add to the peanut butter to thicken it up. Peanut butter chips would be harder yet depending on the texture you're looking to achieve. Another option is to top the bar with chocolate and ice it with a peanut butter icing.

o

Ive had them where they melted butterscotch morsels in them good,you could use layer of peanut butter morsels

o

Thanks so much for your help. I'm going to combine your suggestions and try to duplicate the ones I've seen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here