Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Neapolitan cake envy

Posted by mitchdesj (My Page) on
Fri, May 30, 14 at 13:41

wanting cake before breakfast is not normal, but I saw this on pinterest at 6 a.m. and I am in love, I also love the way it looks with the unfrosted edges of the layers making the neapolitan effect.
the recipe seems quite complicated and I don't bake anymore but I like this enough that I would ask my favorite bakery to duplicate it, they did DD's blue velvet wedding cake .

the blog is fun to read too

http://sweetapolita.com/2011/04/inside-out-neapolitan-layer-cake/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neapolitan cake envy

Oh my, Mitch, that looks amazing.

I like the cake recipe, dark and chocolate-y and I like swiss buttercream. I'm kind of leaning toward using those push up cake pop things and keep the flavors.

Annie

o

here's another one for you Annie and others, campfire marshmallow creme frosting and belgian chocolate malted chocolate frosting, what a combo.

Here is a link that might be useful: sweetapolita blog recipe

o

Mitch, Mitch, what are you doing to me? It's too hot to bake right now, I'll have to save these ideas, or bite the bullet and turn on the oven....

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here