Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long to bake lasagna?

Posted by angelaid (My Page) on
Thu, May 1, 08 at 13:26

And at what temperature?
Should I cover it with foil?

I put together a 9x9 pan of it last night and refrigerated it for tonight's dinner. I haven't made it for so many years I can't remember how to bake it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long to bake lasagna?

Did you cook the noodles?
If the noodles are raw, at least an hour, if not raw, just until heated through...about 40 minutes....use an instant read in the center of the dish to check...should be about 180.
I cook it covered for the first half of the time then remove the cover.
And be sure to let it sit for at least 15 minutes before you cut it....lets the juices even out.
Linda C

o

Thanks Linda. The noodles were boiled.
I haven't had lasagna for so long. I'm really looking forward to this.

o

What Linda C said - at 375

o

I agree, about 40-45 minutes at 375. I remove the foil for the last 20 minutes or so too, because I like the cheese to get a little crispy and browned on the top.

Be sure to check the middle, if it's refrigerated you'll need enough time to heat it through.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here