Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shambo, where's the brown rice casserole?

Posted by ynnej (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 13:23

I've been anxiously awaiting the recipe :) Will you be posting it to your blog, and if not, could you please post it here?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shambo, where's the brown rice casserole?

Jenny, sorry. I misplaced my brain over the weekend and just discovered it this morning. I posted the recipe on my blog in 2008. It's definitely nothing fancy -- very simple indeed. In my basic recipe, I call for thyme, but I actually use any herb or spice blend that appeals to me when I'm fixing it. I also add other vegetables for the topping if I've got them around. For example, last week I added some steamed cauliflower. And I used those lovely roasted grape tomatoes -- inspiration from your blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rice Pie

o

I forgot that Jenny has a blog.

Please post it here Jenny, I'd like to see it; even though I know you're a vegetarian. ;-)

o

Thanks! Looks amazing. Jasdip, my blog isn't much compared to the others who post on this forum, it's a work in progress just like me :) What about you, do you have one?

Here is a link that might be useful: blog

o

Ha! You're so cute Jenny! You've *seen* my food pics on the dinner thread, right??

My life is so not-exciting. Here's a pic of my 3 cats sleeping on the bed, here's DH playing his drums, here's my houseplants, here's our food. I love reading them though!

I saw your list, and you have Kevin from Closet Cooking; he's a good fit for you. Have you seen All that Splatters, Sol's blog?? She comes here periodically and visits.

o

Jasdip, not everyone who has a blog is a good photographer. I definitely fit that category. I love looking at your pictures, though, and reading your recipes. I want to try your slow cooker Butter Chicken recipe and your rhubarb muffin recipe too.

o

I would be in that category, too. And yes, I love Closet Cooking! His ideas are so creative. I just looked at the All That Splatters blog, it's wonderful.

o

Jas - All that Splatters is not Sol's blog.

Memories in the Baking is Sol's blog.

Teresa

o

"--Jasdip, not everyone who has a blog is a good photographer. I definitely fit that category.--"

I am not sure that's the whole story. There is a difference between a good photographer and one who has a good camera and a good setup.

I see many good photgraphers who take not so good pictures because they don't use an expensive camera and have a poor lighting setup.

Love your blogs, Jenny and Shambo.

dcarch

o

Thanks, DC, You're a sweetie!

o

Thanks Shambo! I heartily recommend those recipes.....and any of the others that I make! LOL
I don't know if I know if I ever bookmarked your blog Shambo. Better give it to me again.

Teresa is right Jenny. Check out Memories in the Baking for sure!!! She is a very witty writer, reading her blog is fun!

Oh dear, too many blogs, I'm getting them confused......but such fun!

o

All That Splatters is Lori's blog. Another long time member of the Cooking Forum. I agree with Jenny. Lori's All That Splatters is wonderful.

~Ann

o

I love Memories in the Baking. It's on my reading list. Thank you Dcarch, maybe one day you will start your own? Pretty please :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here