SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcarch7

A 1 1/2 Competition Winner?

There has been a few discussions recently here about bacon. In the past couple of months, I won 1 1/2 cooking competitions sponsored by two other food forums, using lots of bacon.

First, the 1/2 winner. A cooking forum had a competition with "Breakfast" for the theme. Since I had won a previous competition from that forum, I didn't submit an entry this time to give other members a chance to win. A member came to me and ask for my help to suggest plating and ingredients for her recipe. Her dish won the competition. Lots of bacon in her dish. Perhaps I am the 1/2 winner for that dish :-) ?

Another forum's competition with the theme "Pasta"

My entry which won the competition was this multicolored/flavored bacon carbonara dish, topped with smoked shrimps and scallops. Beets for red, eggs for yellow, ramps for green and black garlic for black. Bacon wrapped asparagus is "Violetto d' Albenga" Italian purple asparagus

I have not received the prices yet. There will be food stuff plus a $50 gift certificate.

You have to eat, so you cook. If you have to cook, why not have some fun? I don't actively look for competitions to enter, but if you guys know of some, I would like to check them out.

dcarch

Comments (12)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!