SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Deep scratches in Airbake pan - OK to use?

2ajsmama
9 years ago

It's not coated, it's an old one but my favorite jelly roll pan. I don't often cook directly on the surface, but I do use it to support frozen lasagnes, will use parchment paper on it to bake stollen (I have 2 AB cookie sheets too but I do a lot of stollen on Xmas Eve), use it under a cutting board to catch drips from tomatoes, etc., in the freezer to freeze berries, green beans, etc. before packaging into FS bags.

I used it a week ago to catch drips from apple pie, got some of he gunk (perforated pie pan) off but realized I was leaving some fine scratches with the green Scotchbrite so put it aside after drying and mentioned to DH I might have to put it in the oven with some water to loosen the baked-on stuff.

I didn't realize that he scrubbed it HARD on Tuesday night when I ran DD to Girl Scouts, used it to set meat package in to catch any drips as I was packaging it up into FS bags. Then I washed it to get the drips off, and realized it had deep scratches. Now I don't know whether it's OK (just handwashing) to use in direct contact with food, b/c I'm not sure that I have sanitized it. Will it be OK if I put it in 170 F oven for a certain length of time?

Comments (2)