Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
happy mother's day

Posted by ann_t (My Page) on
Sun, May 13, 12 at 11:43

Wishing you all a very Happy Mother's Day.

~Ann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: happy mother's day

Thank you, Ann, and I also wish you all a Happy Mother's Day. Mother's Day is for anyone who ever nurtured another living being. There are lots of ways to be a mom!

I had a nice long chat on the phone with my older son this morning. I always enjoy that. He is just one of those human beings who has a good time no matter where he is. He was on his way to go motorcycling in the CA desert.

I have a beautiful basket of ivy geraniums for my mother. It is bright red and full of blossoms. I also have some individual ones for her window boxes.

I'll see her later today and I'll see #2 son, as well. He was here yesterday to cut my grass. I'm sure he'll have a gift for me.

My middle niece sent me a lovely note. She is such a dear.

I'm so lucky to have such great kids.

o

Happy Mother's day to all, those who still have theirs, please give them a hug for me.

BIG production here, DH is making a fancy Cook's Illustrated dessert for a brunch we've been invited to (another mom like me who usually gets neglected) - Paris Brest. There is no 'a' in Brest and just because of that word he says he picked the recipe, in honor of mothers. He gets an eye roll and a hug. It is even worse than the typical over the top CI monstrosity, we've been working for hours, but he loves this stuff.

I got myself a ginkgo pendant necklace, it was one of the things on my bucket list. I love ginkgo leaves.

I get treated like a queen 363 days out of the year, so I'm not complaining!

o

What happens the other 2 days, Jessy?????

A very Happy Mother's Day to all! I'm looking forward to dinner at DD#2 this evening. DD#3 stopped by on her way to work, DD#1 lives out of town, an e-mail from her this morning and DS....who knows about him. He and his wife are probably at their lake house. It will be a good day, regardless.

jude

o

Happy Mother's Day!

Michael and Amy sent pink tulips and Max took me out for breakfast burritos at Lucky's Cafe, a neighborhood restaurant that I chose. Max is planting flowers outside for me now. All is good!

Lee, wishing everyone a happy day.

Photobucket

o

Happy Mothers Day to everyone one from me too.

The kids and their other halves were up but have gone now. They gave me my most favorite thing....a chance to cook for a bunch! It was a great weekend.......

o

happy Mother's Day from me too. Amanda worked midnight shift last night, so she slept until 3 pm, LOL. I went over and played baseball with the kids, they have their first games of the year this week and "needed the practice". Um...yeah. They got me a basket of pink petunias.

Ashley was on her way over when she got called in to work, she's on call today. Elery went home this morning.

Soooo.....I mowed the lawn, ran the roto tiller, painted some upstairs trim and bought a chicken dinner at the grocery store!

I called my mother and told her Happy Mother's Day yesterday because Elery wanted to do it while he was still here. I have a bottle of wine waiting here for her, I'll see her this week sometime. I'm taking stepmom to the cemetary tomorrow to do clean up before Memorial Day, we have a private family cemetary so there is no caretaker, we each maintain our own family "space". I got her a card and a gift certificate that I'll give her tomorrow. She loves to shop better than anything, so she can buy whatever the heck she wants, within the price range, LOL.

Annie

o

Happy Mother's Day All...I hope your special Mother's Day meal was up to your "standards". Mine was special because it was prepared with loving and special hands. I thought this was neat--our grocery (Publix) store had prepared cakes and they let the kids decorate them for mommy and grammy. NOTHING better than swimming with the grand-babies and, like Annie, I got to practice baseball with Beau.

Lee, I'll have to check out Lucky's Cafe in July.

I got my DD a pot of Italian Heather. I've never seen it before, I thought it was beautiful.

o

Ta-da, Paris Brest ala Cook's Illustrated - OMG, delicious and demolished by my neighbors, everyone declared it a hit - BUT - both DH and I working in the kitchen for about three hours - not a do-over, in my book. Can't we just use vanilla pudding? darfc.....

(Jasdip - I took out my bday and Mother's Day because those are just run of the mill, treated like a queen days, not over the top showered with gifts and attention. Like I said, I'm not complaining about 31 years of that! Today I woke up to pancake batter ready to go, grin)

o

Jessy, the Paris Brest looks delicious. I don't think vanilla pudding could compare with the fluffy filling you have.

Mustangs, I had to google Italian Heather, it is lovely and your Publix has a great idea letting kids decorate - it would be fun to see some of those cakes. Lucky's has very good breakfasts, and Max will agree with reviewers that their coffee is B A D which is strange because they are connected with a market that sells all kinds of very good coffee. I had orange juice. They are only open for breakfast and lunch but there are a number of Boulder restaurants that now do early, light, inexpensive and fun tapas dinners. Maybe we can meet in July.

We finished our Mother's Day with take out Chinese. No cooking here!

I hope everyone enjoyed Mother's Day too.

Lee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here