Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mini Challah Loaves (pics)

Posted by ann_t (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 10:54

I saw a picture of mini challah on Nancy's (Wizardmn) Bread Board on Pinterest. The picture and recipe come from The Prepared Pantry. I thought that they were cute so I saved the link.

I was baking French bread yesterday anyway

so I decided to make the Challah too. The recipe makes four mini - 3" X 5" - loaves.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mini Challah Loaves (pics)

Beautiful Ann. Those would be WFD at my house!

Di

o

Gorgeous!

o

Those little loaves look great Ann! Much better than the picture I have been pinning from the original blog.
Your gorgeous board adds so much....

Nancy

o

Amazing that bread can be "beautiful".
I just bought Challah to make french toast; they certainly weren't as pretty as yours.

o

Beautiful work! Mastery of the recipes and the craftsmanship of bread making.

Cathy, let me see, Ann made Jewish Challah using French bread dough, and you make French toast with Jewish Challah.

dcarch

o

Dcarch, No, I made Baguettes with French Bread dough and I made Challah using Challah dough.

Two different recipes. See Link.

~Ann

o

HaHa!

I read, "I was baking French bread yesterday anyway

so I decided to make the Challah too. The recipe makes four mini - 3" X 5" - loaves."

Why not? give it a try. May be it will work. LOL!

dcarch

o

No reason why you couldn't braid and bake any bread in any size loaf pan including mini. But I certainly wouldn't call it "Challah".

~Ann

o

Looks wonderful Ann.... I could go for a mini loaf right now....

Alexa

o

Thanks Alexa.
Thanks Cathy.

Di, I made roast chicken sandwiches using the Challah loaves as buns, so they did become WFD. :-)

Nancy, I find many great recipes on your Pinterest Boards.

~Ann

o

Ann,

You make the most beautiful bread I have ever seen. And the photography is on a par with the bread. I'm sure the taste is too.

Jim

o

Thanks Jim. What a nice thing to say.

~Ann

o

I agree, Jim, the bread looks delicious and the photography looks as good as the bread.

I really like Cathy's French toast idea, I certainly would not turn any of it down.

Annie

o

Challah is the gold standard for French toast!

I'm sure that Ann's gorgeous loaves would be gone in a NY minute when my kids saw them! DH loves challah for french toast along with another favorite, the panetone from Whole Foods. Those sweeter, denser breads make an excellent base to soak up that eggy mix!

Great job Ann! Would you please figure out a way to ship a batch down south? LOL!

o

Greetings from the Holy Land, where the Chosen People uses old challa not only for french toast, but also for bread pudding (not that your challas would ever get old, Ann. They look too yummy to last more than five minutes).

o

Simply glorious!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here