SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

NESCO Roaster Varients?

chas045
10 years ago

I have always read with interest all those posts from all you fans of the NESCO cookers and thought it might be good to acquire one. I remember my aunt having one when I was very young in the early fifties. I think that I saw a couple of similar ones sitting on shelves in our little church kitchen. I believe that they were a rectangular rounded corner, thermostatic controlled bottom heated unit with a domed lid.

A couple of months ago, I ran across one at our local second hand store, and was all ready to grab it with a slight thrill of scoring a deal. However, I then saw that it had a moderately light probably non insulated lid that contained a little fan in it. I then assumed that this was not the NESCO unit that you all were talking about, realized that I likely didn't have space for it especially if it wasn't the common unit; and I passed on it. However, one of the recent posts mentioned something about a fan, and I wondered if I missed out on something. Do any of your units have a fan? Are there other odd units ( good or bad) out there too?

Now that I have posted this, I don't suppose I will ever see one again, but it would be nice to be prepared.

Comments (13)