SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellsmom

Has anyone taken online cooking classes?

bellsmom
9 years ago

A friend and I have taken a few cooking demonstration classes at a Louisville store. They are "taught" by significant Louisville chefs and include a light meal featuring the wines and the demonstrated foods. A nice evening.

Recently I searched the Net for online cooking classes. I checked out a free mini class on knife skills which included five (I think) lessons. Even my husband watched and enjoyed it.

Now I am considering the paid sauce class by James Peterson (whose books I have enjoyed) on the same site.

But a search of the Net shows many sites offering classes. And I am so ignorant of all this!

Here is a WSJ review of three online cooking schools--Top Chef University, Rouxbe, and Culinary Institute of America:

http://bakingbites.com/2011/12/wsj-reviews-online-cooking-schools/

Have you tried online cooking classes, either paid or free? Which site offers the best bargains and/or information? I would love any feedback and all opinions and experience.

Might be fun to end a tiring day with a cooking demonstration/lesson instead of reruns of Doc Martin!

Here is a link that might be useful: This is the free knife skills mini-class I watched.

This post was edited by Bellsmom on Wed, May 7, 14 at 9:14

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths