Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chocolate Cream Filled Easter Eggs

Posted by ann_t (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 9, 12 at 23:31

These Easter Eggs are so good and very easy to make.

They are a big hit with Matt, Dana and Moe and I have a few neighbours that also look forward to them each year.

Chocolate Easter Eggs

Source: Monique
The recipe can be made in advance and refrigerated.

1.5 lbs of icing sugar
1/4 lb butter melted
1/2 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Tbsps. corn syrup
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1/2 lb of unsweetened or semi sweet chocolate melted

The original recipe called for adding paraffin. Monique didn't use the paraffin so neither did I.

Mix first five ingredients with Kitchenaide or other mixer. Shape like an egg and place in fridge till hard.

Melt chocolate. Dip each egg into melted chocolate, and place on tray lined with parchment or wax paper.

Colour some of the filling with yellow food colour if you would like a "yolk" centre. Store in tins.. between sheets of waxed paper when cold..

Note: Double the recipe to use up the full can of Condensed Milk. A double batch makes approximately 32 two ounce eggs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chocolate Cream Filled Easter Eggs

You know, I'd seen the pic of these on my reader and thought they looked awesome, but figured they'd be too much work. This looks like a really simple and foolproof recipe. Will have to try it soon.

o

Aren't these pretty. I'd love to make them for fun some day. Do you ever put nuts or coconut in them?

Eileen

o

They are very good and so easy. I made them last year and we really enjoyed them. Christy was off last week and by the time I would have made candy, my shoulders were all used up, so none this year. I did make some of mine with coconut. I just kneaded the coconut into them. Worked great. Even made a few for me with what you'd consider double coconut and still worked fine. Oh, and I did make one big one. When I was a kid we always got one big one that we'd slice. That was fun to recreate that memory.

Some of last years batch.
Photobucket

o

I'm intrigued. What is the filling like? Soft and fluffy, or quite dense and fudge-like? Is it cloyingly sweet?

o

coconut, we also got those big chocolate eggs that were sliced and eaten. Always "fruit and nut" but there was no fruit that I recognized. (grin) I hated 'em, but I'd eat Ann T's!

Annie

o

Coconut, I like the idea of coconut. Maybe next year.

Donna, they are pretty sweet. Like a Laura Secord Cream Filled Easter Egg.

I dipped the eggs in Bernard Callebaut Milk Chocolate. Using a quality chocolate really makes a difference.

Ann

o

Ann, I'll be making these for sure next year, thanks!

Coconut, maybe its a Jersey thing! We always had a big coconut egg that we sliced up too. My Mom always got it from Bischoff's in Teaneck, homemade ice cream and candy! The egg for her and me and the black jelly beans for my Dad. (And other goodies too of course.) Thanks for the memory :)

(And the nice thing is that I just looked it up and Bischoff's is still there and apparently still quaint and with homemade goodies.)

o

Ann and Coconut, those are wonderful looking creations. They make Easter Holiday feel like a Holiday.

dcarch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here