SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Bagels

annie1992
10 years ago

Yes, it's true. I left James Beard for the King. King Arthur, that is.

I know I've said more than once that bagels are just too much trouble and not worth the time it takes, but Elery loves them, so I broke down. King Arthur Flour has a whole wheat bagel recipe that calls for shaping the bagels, leaving them refrigerated overnight, then boiling and baking the next day. It worked out pretty well....

The recipe made 14 bagels, an odd number but what the heck. Just two more than would fit on a sheet pan, of course, so I put the last two into a loaf pan for baking. It worked just fine.

I topped some with Asiago cheese, some with a mix of coarse Hawaiian pink salt and freshly cracked black pepper, some with sesame seeds and two with cinnamon and sugar. Those two went into the loaf pan. Elery says he doesn't eat sweets, but he still ate one of those.

He also had one for supper with cream cheese and smoked salmon but the picture came out really ugly, so I'm not showing you. I also had some cream cheese and Habanero Gold on one and I ate it all without taking a picture, so you can't see that either, LOL. You're just going to have to believe me.....

Annie

Comments (6)